1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer signings: Thoughts and speculation.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Well it's predictably quiet on the board again so I thought I'd see if I can spark some interest.

Our big rivals seem to be making moves for their players next season, with city seemingly willing to throw money around (in true Arab fashion) to solve the problem.

Chelsea, however, are very quiet. Could this be because Conte is looking to make decisions based upon those he sees at the euros or simply because he hasn't got the job and has other things to worry about right now?

Who would you like to see brought in? Who's your top tips for bargain deals and who should we be spending big money on?

Let's try and keep it a bit sensible with the, "Your mum," conversations held to a minimum please. (You know who you are).

KTBFFH!

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Offload Fabregas and Costa. Kick Hazard's arse.
    Sign a new forward, World class midfielder, CB and RB.

My ideal would be Lukaku, Mahrez, Danilo (whose fallen out of favour with Real), and Diego Godin.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hell of a list, I would question Lukakus desire to play at the top level throughout a season though you could do better.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I didn't know Fulham had been taken over by a rich arab?

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Danilo is a decent suggestion, i feel we're in desperate need for a Full Back. I'd try resigning Bertrand (should never have sold him originally) and we need a Centre Back although we don't need to spend 50 on Stones!

We then need a midfielder with a bit of energy who can get about the pitch and another striker even if Costa stays.

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think this is a really tricky window for us, maybe hardest ever under Roman's rule.

We have potentially a very good squad but hard to predict who will get back to their best next season. Hazard, Matic and Costa could be like 3 new signings if they perform as we know they can.

Defence needs looking at obviously. A full back is probably a priority as I think Ivan is the least likely from last years under performers to get back to his best. Therefore decide if Dave is a right or left back and get in a full back on the opposite side. Or let Kenedy develop that role full time. Or give Raham more time. As I say, lots of tricky decisions!

We probably need a central midfielder as well. Kante would be a great signing but looks like we are after the guy from Roma.

If we go marquee, always worth a look at Madrid as they are often willing to sell top players to fund their player merry go around. James or Kroos for instance could be gettable.

We need at least one striker but a lot depends on Costa I guess. I think he's worth keeping if he wants to stay but we need reliable back up / alternative as well. Falcao was a disaster and Pato clearly not up to snuff. Doesn't leave a lot.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd get Stones in while you have Terry, Stones is a very talented player if you have the cash you'd be daft not to try for him.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't mind Stones, but only if we paid under £30m for him, any more and we are getting ripped off.
    If Everton want £50m or somewhere in that region, then they can go take a running jump. I am not overly impressed with Stones that I would pay silly money for him.

Whoever mentioned Rahman, no no no no no no no, I have watched him play live a few times and the kid is diabolically ****.
    Even against the MK Dons, a league two outfit, he was getting owned. I winced everytime he got possession.
    He will never be good enough.
    Kenedy is much more promising, though, like most Brazilians, he will probably end up taking a more attacking role.

I would go for someone like Godin for CB, he is the finished article, has 2-3 years left in him, wont cost too much, and would be a good, experienced guy to have around our youngsters. I think we could get him for £20-25m.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not impressed with your list there Bod.

I think Costa is a great forward, except that he's terrible for his sportsmanship and he's always taking time off through suspensions so i wouldn't be sad for him to go.

I agree with Fabregas going as however great he is technically, i don't think we're in the position to have a luxury player as him (i don't see our defence as a high line defence which is when the luxury players don't have to defend).

Mentioned this before but i don't think Lukaku is all that. Pass on him.

Danilo looks like hes got bags of energy and physical ability (a little like rahman) but Real looked awful defensively in the games i saw with him (away to wolfsburg and in final against Athletico) so no thanks. Also unless you thought of him as backup i would much rather Dave actually play in his proper position

Mahrez would be class as would Godin but Godins 30 so not sure where i stand on him.

Stones for anything above 20m is criminal considering he can't defend and he's only good for playing out at the back. Definitely needs a leader beside him and physically i still don't rate him as a commanding centre back.

Matic i think will be class again now he's had all that time off. Would be happy for Hazard to f off.

Criminal that we let Bertrand go, i always said we should have kept him would be happy to get him back.

Kante would be awesome, as would someone like aubamayang. Would be happy with Morata as well. Would love to get a matuidi, pogba or vidal too. a proper box to box cm.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Where as Chelsea are an attacking team? <laugh>
    So you only really disagree with Lukaku :p

We will have an Italian manager next season too, we will be playing Leicester style next season, trust me.
    Danilo would suit that style perfectly.
    Godin would be a great signing, he will be able to hit the ground running, partnering Zouma or Cahill.
    Pogba would cost a fortune.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Agreed we would never get him.

Danilo is terrible defensively, deep line or no deep line.... going to have to disagree there, if we were going to get Danilo i'd rather get Bertrand back and put Dave RB.

If we did get Danilo it's because Conte has decided we're going 3-5-2.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I have been counting on that, since thats the formation Conte used at Juve and with Italy and is what he has had the most success with.

I maybe wrong though.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Really don't want to go down the Lukaku route myself. Not good enough for the money being touted, especially having already sold him and the stigma that brings.

Would rather keep Costa who I rate higher anyway and Traore looks a promising talent to keep as one back up. Benteke has been mentioned as a possibility. That makes a bit more sense to me, assuming he'd probably cost less than half of what Lukaku would. Benteke was class for Villa when up for it.

Really rate Godin but why would he leave AM? And his age is a little against him to justify big fee and wages. Zouma, Terry Cahill, Ivan, Miagi may be sufficient next season anyway and we should probably pick and invest time in the best of our many centre halves from on loan / the youth set up to replace Terry next year in the squad such as Christensen.

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I have to say, we have around 30 players out on loan at the moment. It might be worth having a look at them and seeing if we can bring them into the 1st team squad. They wouldn't cost us anything to recall them in comparison of purchasing a new player and they already know they club.

It's a tough one to think about. Do we really need to spend a load of money when we have so much talent already on the books? What about our youth? They have been bossing it for years domestically and Barns and RLC have been leading the charge for the England set up. Hopefully this is where Contes ability to play youth and promote from within will be the difference for us.

15. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Godin is the best centre half in the world playing under the best manager in the world. If he signed for a team in this division they'd win the league by a mile. No reason for him to leave Atletico, everything is perfect there. Stones isn't a 50M defender at all. I'd rather have somebody no nonsense for 15M than somebody who can look pretty and pass a ball for 50. Scott Dann is decent or even Ashley Williams.

16. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Need 2 great Central Midfielders.

He said Arab & not Pakistani - huge difference <doh>.

Have to agree. Dani was brought back to replace Danilo, which improved Real's season towards the end.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016