1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2013 Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, May 22, 2013.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Well I'm starting up the Transfer Rumor thread again. Most of my list will come from On line website and papers.
    Put up your own rumors and we'll see which ones turn out to be signings and which were fantasy.

Sascha Riether (30) (Koln) 18/05/13 - Has signed from Koln for £1.8m on 2 year contract? (S)
    Derek Boateng (30) (Dnipro) 22/05/13 - Rumors he has already signed and photos of him holding a Fulham shirt.(S)
    Fernando Amorebieta (28) (Athletico Bilboa) 05/13 - Rumors for last month that he will sign, but may be waiting for a bigger club.(S)
    Yohan Mollo (23) (Winger) (Nancy) 22/05/13 - Fulham are showing interest in Nancy's winger Yohan Mollo and the French club are willing to sell the 23-year-old for £4m.
    Stewart Downing (28) (Liverpool) 23/05/13 - Liverpool are believed to be refusing to loan Stewart Downing to Fulham but are prepared to sell him to the London club. (WHU)
    Darren Bent (29) (ST) (Aston Villa) 25/05/13 Fulham are preparing to make a £4m move for Aston Villa's 29-year-old striker Darren Bent, (S)
    Maarten Stekelenber (30) (GK) (Roma) 25/05/13 The Cottagers next week expect to complete the signing of Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, 30, in a £4m deal. (S)
    Bakary Sako (25) (LW) (Wolves) 26/05/13 French-Malian winger Bakary Sako is getting more and more likely to join Fulham.
    Morgan Amalfitano (28) (CM) (Marseille) Reports emanating from France claim Fulham are eyeing a move for Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano. (loan WBA)
    Marius Alexe (23) (ST) (Dinamo Bucharest) Martin Jol is looking to take forward Marius Alexe to Fulham on a season-long loan, (loan US Sassuolo)
    Ola Toivonen (26) (AM) (PSV) 08/06/13 Fulham are confident of signing PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen for £2million
    Yannick Bolasie (24) (W) 17/06/13 (Crystal Palace) Fulham and West Ham are interested in the 24 year old palace winger
    Ridgewell (28) (LB/CB) (WBA) 19/07/13 Fulham are interested in taking Ridgewell to the Cottage.
    Osvaldo (27) (ST) (Roma) 19/07/13 Fulham are interested in taking Pablo Osvaldo on a season long loan, but Inter are also want him. (Southampton)
    Pogrebnyak (28) (CF) (Reading) 20/07/13 Fulham may look to get Pogrebnyak back to SW6, but he will have to take a wage cut, Hull and Cardiff also interested.
    Gargano (29) (MF) (Napoli) 28/07/13 Fulham have held talks with Napoli midfielder Walter Gargano's representatives (Parma)
    Clement Chantome (24) (MF) (PSG) 07/08/13 Fulham, Everton and WBA are showing interest in the PSG Midfielder. (Toulouse)

Offical signings so far:
    Sascha Riether (30) (Koln) 18/05/13 - 2 year Contract £1.2 -£1.8m
    Derek Boateng (30) (Dnipro) 22/05/13 - 1 year + 1 Contract Free
    Fernando Amorebieta (28) (Athletico Bilboa) - 4 Year Contract Free
    Maarten Stekelenberg (30) (Roma) 05/06/13 - 4 Year Contract £4m?
    Giorgos Karagounis (36) - 30/06/13 - 1 Year Contract
    Adel Taraabt (24) (QPR) 07/08/13 - 1 Year Loan
    Darren Bent (29) (Aston Villa) 15/08/13 - 1 Year Loan
    Scott Parker (32) ( Tottenham) 18/08/13 - 3 year Contract Undisclosed Fee
    Elsad Zverotić (26) (Young Boys Bern) 2/09/13 2 year Contract with an option.

Last Transfer Day Rumors:
    Yohan Benalouane, (26) (DF) Parma
    Michael Mancienne (28) (DF) Hamburg
    Jack Cork (24) (MF) Southampton
    Liam Bridcutt (MF) (24) Brighton Hove Albion

2. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Reports in Italy coming out that we have agreed for a £4m deal for Stek on a four year contract. NICE!

3. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Another we've often been linked with in the past, Ryan Babel set to join us on a free transfer from Ajax. If our four wingers next year are Kaca, Dejagah, Babel and Frei, I'd be more than happy with that to be honest.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

From Boateng's Twitter. Yet to be confirmed by the club.

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/fulham-tracking-yohan-mollo-grzegorz-krychowiak-13-213.html

We're apparently tracking Yoham Mollo (winger) and Grzegorz Krychowiak (DM) (whoever they are).

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/fulham-agree-to-sign-stekelenburg-on-4-year-deal-13-214.html
    http://forzaitalianfootball.com/201...eper-as-fulham-move-beckons-for-stekelenburg/

More reports saying Stecky has agreed a 4-year deal with us, amongst others.

EDIT: Whoops, Bandito beat me to it!

Good news about Babel too, IMO.

6. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

You have to get up pretty early to beat me Bidley ;) Babel would be a decent addition, especially on a free.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Thing is (and you won't believe me) but I had that post all typed out but had to actually do some work for an hour or two, then I came back and hit 'post' and you'd beaten me! Bah!

I always rated Babel, he was rubbish at Liverpool because Benitez didn't utilise him properly.

8. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

9. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Superb news, not even in Silly Season yet and we've made two additions!

EDIT: Not counting Reither, of course!

10. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

So far so good. Now for some creativity in midfield...

12. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Yes, good news indeed. My only slight worry is Amorebieta has a very poor disciplinary record, but if he can keep that side of his game in check he is one hell of a player for free.

13. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

With Amorebieta diciplinary record,i would suspect one yellow and he is subed,we cannot afford to play any games
    at this level with 10 men.

14. conzo8

conzo8 Member

That's an absolute stormer of a start to the transfer window. Babel is super quick from what I remember at Liverpool so I would welcome his addition. With stek possibly coming in for £4m, drop £6/£7m on a quality creative midfielder and I'm already feeling good for the new season.

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think Boateng's signing could well spell the end for Enoh. Boateng should be competing with Sidwell for the industrious/defensive role, alongside a new creative minded CM. As I've said before, Huddlestone would be ideal and we should just pay the £6-8m required.

If we were to sign Babel and Stek, we'd have added several first team players for very little money. We should then be in a position to spend some money of a CM (up to £8m, maybe) and look at alternative strikers to replace Petric.

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Apparently we're interested in Enoh but aren't willing to pay the £4m asking price, this suggests we don't exactly have a war chest at our disposal.

17. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Or it suggests that we aren't spending £4m for a player we don't see as better than Boateng or Sidwell (or at least not £4m better). £4m is quite a bit to pay for a player who honestly should not be playing if we do manage to sign a new creative midfielder.

All speculation at this point, of course.

18. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I think Surlt has hit the nail on the head re Enoh, rather than us not having the money available at all.

19. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Promising start from Jol. If Amo and Boateng turn out to be first team regulars then its very good business.Hopefully there is still £10-15m left in the kitty but suspect that may be wishful thinking.

20. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I can't help but disagree, we obviously rate the guy and he is far younger than both Sidwell and Boateng (this story was leaked before Boateng signing) I can understand us baulking at the £6m Arsenal want for Frimpong, but £4m for Enoh (who is far better than Sidwell) is good business. I guess it doesn't really matter now Boateng has been signed.