1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sullivan Signs

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Hackney_Addick, May 31, 2011.

1. Hackney_Addick

No official news on Hayes as yet, but the OS confirms that John Sullivan has signed a 2 year deal on a free transfer. I for one am pretty pleased with this, as I thought he looked good in the few games he played last season.

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Chuffed- he looked a more than able goalkeeper and thankful that we have him signed up very quickly.

3. Sir Percy Ware-Armitage

I too am pleased with this news Surrey. I felt that he looked composed and commanded a strong presence in goal the few times that he played for us last season.

4. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Update on the "potential" signing of Paul Hayes...

The SLP say he's in talks with us... well it must be over the telephone... cos he's currently on holiday in Florida <laugh>.

I know he'd jump at the chance of joining us providing he can come to some agreement with Preston regarding the last couple of years of his contract with them. However, i fear this could be a case of the SLP recycling an old story...

Will let you boys know if i hear anything else.

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not unusual for conversations to be held on the phone if Paul has let his representatives construct a financial package/receive a proposal from CAFC.

Dennis Rommedahl was pretty much signed whilst he was at Euro 2004(think that was the comp). Many phone calls back and forth, and he then sent his people to London and then CAFC came out to meet him once Denmark were knocked out.

6. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

Happy with this signing (we did all know it was happening though for the last month, glad it's all official now)

As soon as we sign hayes i'm getting his/my name on the new away kit...ok maybe a tad too optimistic

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Can't help feeling Sullivan will start next season as Charlton's number 1, he'll probably be shirt 12 however <ok>

8. Leaburns legs

Leaburns legs Member

Tend to agree AllHell, no harm leaving the shirt with Elliot, why rock the boat over a number?

9. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Has anyone else seen the rumours linking Elliott with a move to Southampton ??

please log in to view this image

Bit odd as I think Kelvin Davis is by far one of the best keepers outside of the Premiership

10. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

I had heard a few clubs were interested in elliot but hadn't heard about southampton being one of them

11. Sir Percy Ware-Armitage

I read on a rumour website that half a mill has been offered for Robbie by the Saints. If true, part of me feels that this could be shrewd business with two hungry young goalkeeping pups snapping at Sullivan's heels. Then again, it could all be arse...

12. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Maybe that would explain why we've got 4 ' keepers on the books now?

13. Hackney_Addick

It'll be a shame if Elliot does go, he's been pretty solid on the whole. I do feel however that Sullivan is probably better and I do wonder whether Robbie would have been number 1 for so long if he weren't a Charlton fan.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I'd take £500k for Robbie. Don't think we would receive that as his fitness worries bring down any potential price.

That said, this rumour originated from Football-Rumours, who currently have us down to sign Andy Reid, josh mceachran, Robert Pires, Mikkel Andersen, Omar Daly, Lee Martin on a free, and Kevin Phillips.

15. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

I've also heard about Lee Martin from a mate of mine, dunno about how much truth is in it.
    I heard andy reid had put pen to paper for forest?

16. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I would't believe a thing i read on those rumour sites. The band names about all over the place which is the only reason they come up with the right player for the right club once in a while.

Would deffo love to have Martin back though!! Although didn't he feature a fair bit for the tractor boys once he returned to them?

17. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I'm pretty relaxed with this news, but I do think it could be the trigger for Robbie Elliott to leave.

Alternatively, whatever's wrong with his hip and continues to trouble him could need a pretty radical operation at some point either in this close season, or during the season proper. If that is the case, Sullivan would simply slot in until he's fit again.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yeah, Lee Martin was a big player upon his return. Not sure over the final 2 months as once it became apparent he would be staying, I stopped looking. Shame though, think he took too much stick with us- I was a fan.

19. shopshire addick

A very good signing but bit concerned with all the free transfers we signing. with the Martin link i Can't see him dropping down a division to be honnest

20. Captain Blackaddick

Captain Blackaddick Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely convinced by Sullivan, I seem to remember him flapping at a few crosses, but I suppose every goalkeeper at this level will have his faults. Every goalkeeper needs competition to ensure they don't slacken, as I fear Elliott did this season just gone, so it's a good move in that respect - having no idea who will be number one is always a good thing.