1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sulley, Stephane and Fredi to sign?! Also linked to 6ft 8 Ivorian

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Steeley89, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Steeley89

Steeley89 Member

Hey guys thought i'd distract myself from the usual crap that is revision and do my usual newsnow round-up. Wanted to hear your opinions on a few potential signings.

Sulley Muntari looks set to sign a 6month loan deal before allegedly a permanent deal quoted to be around 4-6Million. My assessment of the situation is thats a GREAT deal! Hes exactly what we needed in that midfield.

Secondly Sessegnon, seems like the deal ISN'T dead and that hes in County Durham as we speak - again exactly what we need and will defo give us some creative options. He's a player I have rated for a while and I reckon will defo become a crowd favourite.

Fredi Piquionne on the other hand. Personally I think we can do worse, however logically if Gyan's number 1, I assume Campbell and Welbeck will be ahead of him in the line once they return. When Welbeck leaves we'll sign a big name striker in the summer and Fredi is still 4th choice... As a fourth choice hes great but realistically will he settle/ is he worth 4million to sit on the bench?!

Also I read the Fuller deal may not be completely dead too. Again not sure on that one. Arguably better than Fredi.

Finally (Sorry its long lads) we've been linked to this 6ft 8 Ivorian called Traore from FC Cluj. Hes only 20 but has been compared to Adebayor and is expected to replace Drogba for the Ivory Coast. Allegedly it'll cost us 10million- seems like a gamble. But could be great fun

2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

thanks for the info but 10 mill for a gamble imo no

3. Steeley89

Steeley89 Member

I know what you mean like. Its a bit steep, if we could negotiate down to 6 I reckon its worth it

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

ye thats a bit better

5. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

See was in Sunderland yesterday, according to the french media.

so I expect Sess and Muntari to be part of the greatness that is SAFC very soon.

6. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

You thought you would distract yourself from the usual crap? So you wrote this? <doh>

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

another one to add to the list, anyone ever heard of this lad, or even a rumour?
    come on chris sort your **** out, seems like gyansdanceteacher is miles ahead of you, put your football manager game on and check this lad out, then tell eveyone when we're going to sign him and for how much. i have faith in you chris
    cheers gdt for the info