1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sulky Darren

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by The Union Jack - RIP Bessian, Jun 2, 2011.

1. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

Well one good thing is that he's said that he hasn't agreed to move to Bolton and he's happy in Swansea, but his language seems very sulky.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13605989.stm

I hope that his situation will be sorted out now one way or another!!!!

2. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Yeah - didn't sound like someone that was happy with the way things were handled....that said he did say his family & his dog are very happy in Swansea. As long as he isn't asking silly money (which he maintains he isn't) I would be delighted to see him sign a new contract.

3. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Sounds promising , sulk all he wants as long as he signs . I really do think he'll re - sign for us , he had a pretty fair season amongst his contract fiasco .

4. PremierJack

PremierJack Member

After the final and the parade you think he may have stayed

Then you read the article and think Pintado has more chance of scoring a goal in the PL than DP resigning.

Another question is "Have we or will we miss him?"

Dobbie has been top class in that role.

5. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

To be honest we stopped playing him towards to end of the season, I think Brendan knew that he would be going so stopped relying on him

6. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

All true, but not a bad squad player to have! Agree though, our style of play has changed a bit since we benched him...

7. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Brings a big engine and muscle that we will need in the Premiership. Joe and Leon can be too lightweight at times and Darren will be an essential squad player to add some steel. Hope things get sorted. He's part of the scenery; no transfer fee involved and I think we will see a different DP once the contract situation has been sorted.

8. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

I don't think that Pratley can play ahead of Allen or Britton. They aren't the same kinds of players. Under Martinez, Pratley played the holding role a lot more - but he hasn't touched that role since then. Whether he can make the step up and play a position that he hasn't played for 24 months is questionable. Bodde will be the player pushing to play ahead of Britton or Allen. Pratley is trying to get ahead of Dobbie (which is very likely to happen in certain away days - Stoke, Blackburn, Fulham etc).

No doubt that he is a quality player though and we need him to sign a new contract. He might not play every game but like he says himself, he has and always will give 100% for our club. For that reason alone he is worth a decent new contract, but add in his quality and he's a must have squad member.

9. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

I think Pratley will start ahead of Leon next season.

I know Tyson is quick, but he absolutely skinned Little Legs against Forest. I love Leon, but I don't think he's got the pace to survive in the PL.

Not that Pratleys a million times quicker, I just think he's a better player.

10. UplandsTavernSwan

I bet Bodde starts before either of 'em!

11. premier-jack

premier-jack Member

dont see what he has said is being sulky, just telling us as it is. Good on him

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

This is getting far too much like 606! where are all these Jacks coming from................
    please log in to view this image

13. premier-jack

premier-jack Member

everywhere at the moment, pmsl