1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez Charged

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sam Axe, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Destroyed our city?

Liverpool docks was second only to London for overall tonnage throughout the last century and is stilla thriving port within its 'freeport' status.

2. Page_Moss_Kopite

Explain?

3. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Go and study your history properly.

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Heres a nice little read for him.

http://www.shipcanal.co.uk/

it might help you never know.

5. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

5 years is not a long time

6. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

The first part is not irrelevant. Say for example the united players call Rooney Shrek out of affection? He might laugh about it in public but he might not like it. He won't say anything though because it might cause aggro.

The second part is plain enough: Ronaldo was ****in' Portugese, Hernandez is Mexican. The expression 'South american term' you quote is the gibberish as there's no such language as 'South American'. Apart from the indigenous languages it has its main origins in Spanish (the language in Uruguay - Suarez, the main language in Mexico - hernandez) and Portugese (the language in Brazil for example) with slight variations perhaps. Spanish and Portugese aren't the same language but they are similar. The word negro is used in the Spanish and the Portugese.

So if the nickname exists, someone of Spanish or Portugese origin in united must have known how to phrase it - possibly Hernandez - not that I'm saying it originated from there but who's to say no one knew about it apart from Evra himself. Hernandez, perhaps. A friend of Evra's in the side. Evra himself even - which wouldn't surprise me. Someone said the nickname was used in one of his own clubs. He might've liked it - HE MIGHT'VE FOUND IT AFFECTIONATE!

Therefore, if Suarez knows about the nickname and knows the united team use it - and I say 'if', since we plebs don't know as we're all being speculative here - and if it is the villain of this saga, then a) the united team should be told off b)Evra hasn't got a leg to stand on.

7. Whiteside of Red

Wow, such a broad ranging discussion.

I think it's time to calm down, calm down and remind ourselves of a few facts.

First, both Manchester and Liverpool benefited greatly from the slave trade - no points to be scored there.
    Our allegiance to our teams is to the badge and the shirt, not the players who wear it - they come and go and are often capable of behaviour that lets us down - the shirt they wear doesn't change who they are.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You're quite right, EVERY word of that is complete guesswork and so therefore pointless to the whole debate.

The truth will out, eventually.

In other news, we've got some football matches to look forward to this weekend. <ok>

9. gaf 71

gaf 71 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day this thread has mainly degenerated into a slanging match. Basically Suarez is a horrible little git, but an exceptional footballer, and Evra is just a horrible little git.

10. wishiwasinliverpool

It also follows that every word you and your side have speculated is guesswork, so we've all been at it, yeah?

11. wishiwasinliverpool

Git away with yer!

12. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

For goodness sake! I'm pleased to agree with Ruffian yet again. None of us really know what was said, what the intent was or even the language that was used. So all comments upon that are purely speculative.

There are bigger issues that could/should be debated.

13. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

Such as this <ok>

please log in to view this image

14. moreinjuredthanowen

indeed... historical debating on a football forum is as pointless as..........

1. blow up dart board?
    2. 3 bald men fighting over a comb.
    3..... you decide.

15. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

OK..... seriously.....

What the **** have slaves got to do with this discussion. Can someone explain?

Also, I havent seen anything about him being charged but just because someone is charged doesnt mean they are guilty. It does however mean the FA believe they have enough evidence at this time to charge Suarez which says there is more to this that we know imo.

Lets just wait and see what the overall outcome is eh.

16. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

The whole story has gone massively overboard in my opinion.

As a welshman living in england, I am regularly called 'welsh boy' or 'sheep' or even 'welsh b******' when playing football with them. Do I like it? not desperately. does it particularly bother me, enough for me to say anything to them? no. It is meant with good humour, probably with affection.

If an opponent called me a 'welsh b******' on a football pitch, I would almost certainly take offense. Does that mean the opponent hates the welsh? not necessarily. Just means they have spotted a way of winding me up and are playing on it. And if I asked them to stop, they would do it all the more. Its the nature of the beast, particularly footballers looking for every edge they can get.

Who knows whether there actually is any racial hatred in Luiz Suarez. I would sincerely hope not, as I would hope of any human being. But I dont think the use of a controversial nickname as an attempt to wind up an opponent is evidence of racism. Every player on a pitch is a wind up merchant.

17. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

by 'them' I mean 'my friends' of course!

18. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

This is fairly close the the mark. Evra is much more a horrible little git than Suarez, though <whistle>

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This. And the ref has just blown the final whistle...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.