1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

strikers

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bristolcityforever, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bristolcityforever

im not sure what people believe apart from millen getting sacked, but is it not time maynard was put in his place and dropped

2. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

I don't think dropping our best player makes much sense to be honest with you.

3. bristolcityforever

i dont think he is our best player one man does not make a team look at james got dropped then played better

4. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

Maynard operates best as part of a front 2 and he's been isolated this season. I think if we had a better midfield then we wouldn't have to play 5 there, and Maynard wouldn't be up there on his own pissing in the wind.

Who do you think our best player is by the way?

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

If you played to Maynard strength's then he would score goals for fun.......I can see it, most of the fans can see it..........Millen & the rest can't.
    He is not alone striker, needs someone to play off......in fact in my opinion we would be better with someone like Pitman up front & Maynard just behind.
    He scores spectacular goals not tap ins.....

6. bristolcityforever

adomah is the best player maynard is not committed to us adomah at the ghana game put on his red city shirt with pride would maynard do that think not, pitman was a proven scorer last year would of got more but never got a chance

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

bcfe I said that before Leeds game need sto get over baby birth etc etc and not signing a contract

8. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

i think we need to stick with Maynard and pitman for 5 games, if that doesn't work, whoever has the least goals will be dropped and stead can jump in

Best Player is Albert Adomah, hes loyal, plays his heart out every game, makes runs up and down the field until hes took off, fans love him infact adore him, when was the last player that had about 6 or 7 different songs sang to him every game, ive been in the eastend latly and the DU DU DU DUUUU NICKY MAYNARD chant gets song maybe once twice, albert's songs get sang 10-15 times

then after albert its marvin

9. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

Should have cashed in when we had the offers on the table.........the whole maynard debarcle may come back to haunt us.

10. bristolcityforever

any player that dont wanna sign for us is not loyal even killkenny said about bates disrespecting us , maynard is not in the game the best i seen from maynard was leicester game, at the same game my boy had a big picture of adomah he wanted signed a message was sent to the other side of the pitch, before the players went down the tunnel albert ran over and signed it my boy was made up, albert waved then ran back across the pitch, maynard was all my lads used to talk about, now its adomah what a legend and he is loyal wears the shirt with pride and passion.

11. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Frankly, all this talk of disloyalty over not signing is the BIGGEST LOAD OF BOLLOX, why...?

Imagine you are a professional footballer. Generally, if you are good, you make the first team by 18/19 and if you are really good, you probably start earning top wages around 20/21 when managers see you are not a 1 season wonder. You are probably past your best at 29/30 but can probably play on to a good standard to say 32/34 but you would be looking to hang up your boots around then because your body wouldn't take much more full time professional football.

So, this gives you say 8-10 years at premium earning power.

Remember, this is your sole job, your trade, what you are good at and you won't be able to do it well after 32-ish so, unlike most of us who earn continuously throughout our working lives of 50 plus years including (hopefully) constantly rising salaries, THATS IT, END OF INCOME so, you have to maximise your earning power in this time.

If I was a pro footballer performing satisafactorily or better (and for a striker, this is goals) during my career with a club and someone came up to me and accused me of being disloyal, I would kick them in the bollocks so hard that they would be in orbit.

Get a grip on reality, this is a CAREER people, just like any other job - the only football club that any player has to be "loyal" to is their chosen club that they have supported all their life.

Any other club is a job of work with a very limited life span and all we fans can ask of a player is to play to the best of their ability for us and respect the club which in fairness, Nicky Maynard has always done so to accuse him of disloyalty deserves a smack in the chops.

The fact that he has choosen to wait and see who our new manager will be once KM is inevitably replaced is perfectly unstandable in my opinion. He clearly sees no future for the club under Keith and wants to see a positive appointment at which point I expect him sign the new contract which will of course include the escape clause at a certain fee which will of course benefit City as well.

In the meantime, stick your "disloyalty" jibes up your ass...

12. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Spot on Premiershiporbust.
    Anyone who thinks that by getting rid of possibly our best player needs help..

They just don't get it.........

He is not at his best as a lone striker, he needs a partner to playoff.........
    But Millen chooses even at home, to play up front on his own.....

I'm no pro coach.....but I'm sure I can do a better job!!!!

13. Premiershiporbust....

I forgot to say that he is also probably pretty pissed off at having to do it all himself up front HOWEVER, as we have all seen, he CAN do it on his own but frankly, this is not what football is about.

It is a team game but Nicky might as well be playing the opposition defence on his own as the only help he gets is from JCR who is the only bright spark trying to create anything and the odd cross from Albert.

The rest just depressingly lump the ball up to him and if you want to see that, you can go to the park....

14. johngalleyfan2

seen the team Sir ALEX IS PUTTING OUT.. NOW THAT IS A STATEMENT...............2-4-4 WOW WEEEEEEE

15. Premiershiporbust....

I am watching the game, even their 2/3 team is good enough to beat Leeds comfortably because they still play the United way plus, they have £50m worth of strikers up front

If we were any good at playing football and creating chances, that could have been us...

16. johngalleyfan2

super "speech" prem but a lot of conjecture, we dont know why NM is hanging out..could be just the fact he wants first team football in the prem...no other reason. Could be there is a agreement about the January window Goes up, stays and flies free, or signs a very good deal...who knows...we dont.

It is hard to understand the reasoning behind 4-5-1, and even more so when late in the game he tries to modify it.
    Maybe he should try 2-4-4...

17. TheGreatGerryGow

I do think that Pitman can consider himself mightily unlucky at the lack of games this season. We have not scored at home and yet last seasons top scorer cannot get a start.
    I am aware that had Maynard been fit last season then he may have eclipsed Bretts total but nevertheless Pitman always looks hungry and direct when he gets his 15 minutes at the end of the match :emoticon-0112-wonde

Shiny - hope Marvin doesn't read your love in with Albert :emoticon-0100-smile

18. bristolcityforever

pitman is unlucky did well last year for us, its all about keeping maynard happy people say they offered maynard a big wage 25k a week and still not happy most of us dont earn that a year, so dont give me all the crap about getting a good wage, we pay good money for him to score and play for us and at the moment its not happening, this contract thing must be affecting the team, yea we have a mellon as a coach, we keep saying about nicky on his own but not even hitting the net from the spot, he is a good player we know that but to much going on, in the club

19. Premiershiporbust....

Seriously, use your brain and have a good think about it - do you seriously think that Leicester wouldn't have probably doubled the figure you suggest so, if it was just about money, he would have gone like a shot.

Its not about the money though is it - I expect Nicky likes it here, is settled, has just had a kid and would like to stay. Obviously if a prem club comes in its a different ball game because he has to do the best for his family but other than that, I feel sure he would like to stay, IF, we get a good manager in...

20. bristolcityforever

i guess you r a regular city fan at the games , the reason he never went is cos lansdown wont sell to championship side, if he wanted to stay then why not sign but it seems like you know it all so shut down the city website and name it premiershiporbust cos sorry i have only watched 5 out of 7 games and maynard was not the 10 million pound striker but hey im dumb and that good manager you are thinking of ?