1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

striker signs and blizzard gone :1980_boogie_down:

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

striker scott mcgleish signs

blizzard goes

<party><party><party><party><party><party><party><party><party>

ok mcgleish is old but he scored 18 last season in all comps from a league 1 club. me thinks he can do a pretty good job in league 2 next season. the experience he can give powell, richards and harrison will be very valuable. i doubt he will be a starter but i can definately contribute.
    great news about blizzard. over the moon about this. the wages that will be freed up on this could get us a quality signing. thats if we still aint paying him as he has left by mutual consent so some pay out must be on the cards!

your thoughts :)

2. Triggs1980

Triggs1980 Member

I'm gonna put my faith in Buckle because he seems to be managing the Campbell situation with amazing grace and tact, and Blizzard gone is a financial lift . . . . But i am a little worried about his striker tactics with regard to signings

Put all his eggs in one basket with Jamie which fell through, and this looking at experience (mid to late 30's = A LOT OF EXPERIENCE) over growth and development shows a lot of short termism . . . just worried that we're throwing more money away on a one season at a time plan.

Would have liked to have seen some fast paced, direct with a bit of flair about them come in . . . like JK only with goals and that Killer instinct.

Think Buckle needs a bit more depth at the back . . . we rarely struggle in the middle of the park with regard to injury cover, but as soon as we have a crack at the back or lack of options infront of goal we collapse and historically no one steps up to fill the void.

That's actually my biggest concern the past few years, how we have so many backup players concerned about not getting regular football . . .who then get their chance and don't take it . . . . must be nice to be on our payroll!

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Another one from Torquay will be confirmed next week - Zobrowski? And Bolger on loan from Leicester.

For this league, we've got a great squad and a manager who's at least very committed and enthusiastic, and probably excellent.

I'm really optimistic. Bring it on.

Up The Gas!

4. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

'Another one from Torquay will be confirmed next week - Zebroski'

News soon ?!