1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Stop the march

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by The Ides of March, Jul 1, 2016.

1. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-36671277

I found this article on my friend's facebook page, read the article and find that a religious event was cancelled because a far-right group are being allowed to have one on the same day. As we all know this will attract equal undesirables from the ANL and we all know the outcome of that.

I thus feel that the great city of Southampton will be mired in filth that will take years to recover from.

It might be too late or it might not, but I would like as many of us on this page today to write, telephone Hampshire Constabulary and the City Council to ban this march scheduled to take place tomorrow.

Some may argue it is their democratic right. I say sod their democratic right as this Southampton, and Southampton is surely better than allowing right and left wing thugs taking to its streets. It is also a Health and Safety issue.

I have posted a comment on the Hampshire Constabulary website so I hope somebody reads it and takes appropriate action.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Ides - it really is bad, but a new thread. Come on mate. There is a politics and an off topic thread.

Velcro Roy and tomw24 like this.
  3. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Just for one day. On the politics page it will be missed as other issues crop up. This is an attempt to stop a march taking place in Southampton, a march that is going to besmirch our city. I do not want this march to proceed if enough people write to the Hampshire Constabulary to protest. That is why I have created a specific thread which can be closed after tomorrow. Fair deal.

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Not really mate. It s the same as anything else that gets posted. If people are in to it, they will keep mentioning it. It is not about starting a new thread because it will get lost. There has to be a limit.

*goes off to start a thread about the 8million sq metre freight depot they want to build on the edge of my village.*

it could be never ending.