1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stoke.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Commachio, Jan 11, 2017.

1. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to re-watch the games from his last month in charge with us. He was given good money to spent and mostly brought in dross, not entirely his fault as I think he was finding his feet. We aren't a massive club by any means but we had more capacity to finance big deals than Bolton had and he just seemed to go nuts bringing in lots of average players who didn't improve us at all and proceeded to play boring football. Our form took a nose-dive and by the time we got rid of him it was thoroughly merited (and I'm not having Sunderland fans berate me for not sticking with a manager!).

He was unlucky though. The change of owner (Ashley came in a month or so after he got the job) always meant his days were probably numbered. We wouldn't have got relegated under Allardyce but I doubt we'd have kicked on either.

West Ham shouldn't have sacked him though. That was ridiculous, he was doing a fine job.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I bet you'd watch them all again for £250

Nordic likes this.
  3. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Anichebe and Pienaar ruled out for tomorrow.

Bollocks!!

4. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

Match preview on SAFC.com

Menu
    Match Preview:Sunderland v Stoke City

NEWS
    MENU
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Sunderland are back at the Stadium of Light on Saturday as Premier League football returns to Wearside.

The Black Cats will be aiming to build on a positive start to 2017 when they host Stoke City, with Lads starting the New Year with draws against Liverpool and Burnley, the latter of which led to an FA Cup replay which will take place on Tuesday.

In the meantime, though, David Moyes will be hoping his side can continue their impressive record at the Stadium of Light when the Potters arrive in the north east.

Arsenal and Chelsea are the only sides to defeat Sunderland at home since September, with the Black Cats losing just once of their last six league games at the SoL.

Stoke, meanwhile, have suffered defeat in three consecutive away games, but they've so done while facing the league’s elite, losing to Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Last weekend Mark Hughes’ side lost 2-0 at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers as they were knocked out of the Emirates FA Cup, and the former Manchester City boss will be keen for the Potters to put their cup woe in the past.

But it won’t be easy for a City side who have often struggled on Wearside.

Sunderland are unbeaten against Stoke in their last 14 home games and they’ve conceded more than one goal against the Potters at home on just once occasion since 2007.

Jermain Defoe is expected to lead the line once again and the striker has an exceptional record in the month of January, netting 20 goals in the month during his esteemed career.

Only Alan Shearer (23) and Frank Lampard (21) have scored more.

Victor Anichebe and Steven Pienaar will once again miss out but Billy Jones could return to action, with Moyes providing the latest team news in his pre-match press conference.

Jordan Pickford, Lee Cattermole, Jan Kirchhoff, Paddy McNair, Lynden Gooch and Duncan Watmore remain sidelined due to injury.

And Moyes will also be without Lamine Kone, Didier Ndong and Wahbi Khazri, with the trio currently away on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Stoke forward Jonathan Walters needs surgery on a knee problem and is ruled out, along with Bojan who has been linked with a January move away from Staffordshire,

Marc Muniesa and Phil Bardsley could be involved after training this week but Ramadan Sobhi, Wilfried Bony and Mame Biram Diouf are on international duty.

The last meeting between the two sides came at the Britannia Stadium in October when Joe Allen stole the show.

But, as we know, the tale of the tape on Wearside writes an entirely different story, and Sunderland will be hoping that run continues when the sides go head to head on Saturday."

Let's hope JD can catch Sheera! Up and a clean sheet at the other end. Fancy I'm gonna need a few layers on tomorrow- it's a bit nippy.

5. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Well...

Taking the matter seriously. His last month in charge was December/Jan covering the christmas period and will have been around 6 games I reckon. That's about 10 hours (with stoppages etc) of utter tripe so no £250 wouldn't be enough - i scarcely get any free time and I'm not wasting it on highlights such as scraping a draw at home to the Derby team who got the lowest points tally ever or a 0-0 rain-soaked draw against a (then) lower division Stoke.

I'm holding out for double that figure and then I'll accept it, principles cost money, **** em.

Tel (they/them) likes this.