1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stoke City v West Ham - FA Cup Match Thread

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Mar 1, 2011.

1. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

Come on TP, me and my dad are coming over for the Toon game. Sort things out before then!

2. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

From what Homzy has said on Twitter of what Pulis said in his post match interviews it would appear that Pulis has largely glossed over the performance, surprise, surprise.

3. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

This result was waiting to happen as was Ba scoring ... it was either a goal from Ba or carried off with a knee injury.

Earlier in the season TP has had a love affair with centre halves on the pitch .... today he has a love with midfield players .... 7 in the side today ..

Whelan
    Wilson
    Pugh
    Pennant
    Whitehead
    Delap
    Walters

I know Walters has played more up front this season but essentially he is a right winger .... If Matty wasn't fit to start why oh why wasn't Walters on the left with either Jones or Fuller on from the start.

We need to get players on the pitch in their proper positions - 2 proper full backs ... a midfield without Delap ... what a depressing sight it must have been with Whelan, Whitehead and Delap across the middle - the only one I'd play is Whitehead .... forwards on who can make a difference ... think that means Fuller...

The whole thing is a right shambles and the person responsible is the manager - we are now only 4 points above the drop zone and incapable of scoring goals on a regular basis - if we drop closer still to the drop zone then it will be at the wrong time in the season and bloody difficult to get out of it.

The Ba farce is just that - a ruddy farce ... if we didn't want to spend £6-8 million on a potential injury then fair enough .... but how come West Ham can nip in and sign him on loan - surely that was our next option.

The players also need a kick up the arse big style - since the Tuncay sale and Carew signing we've lost something - and I don't mean in the football sense - the spirit seems different, perhaps it's because we have players playing out of position, players playing who shouldn't be on the pitch and players chasing a hopeless cause because of the way we set up and play.

If the manager and players don't get their act together soon we'll be in a right old dogfight - and my money would be on us going down, because we don't have the personnel to get us out of the mire.

4. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I thought West Ham signed him permanently for £500,000?

5. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

We were lucky to got nil today! what a shower of ****e!!

6. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

Quote from TP today - we haven't played that badly but we're getting our pant pulled down and our bottoms slapped for every mistake we make."

You're kidding yourself big time Tony - we were bloody awful in our last game as well.

7. 1972_STOKIE

1972_STOKIE Member

Hi Sarge - I was under the impression he was on loan - makes it worse in some respects if he was signed for half a mill - at £50,000 per week it's 10 weeks salary for a Prem player.

Injury or no Injury when you think of some of the 2 & 3 million pound players we've signed over the last 3 seasons it's absolutely bloody disgusting.

We should be questioning therefore what went on with the Stoke negotiating team who were going to spend 6-8 million quid - which as only stopped due to the medical - and a week or so later his price is half a mill.

8. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

We were useless today, absolutely useless.

9. TheRealPotterJub

Disapponting result tonight. Fear that the F.A Cup Draw may not have been as good as I thought at first. But that is at the Brit, THE FORTRESS, and were a different side at home.

Please, guys, KTF <ok>

10. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

True we are different at home we are different, we're slightly less **** than when we we're away. The Brit is not a place feared by opposition players/teams anymore. More sides come here with a gameplan than generally works.

11. TheRealPotterJub

It is still 'feared' I think, but obviously a little less, as teams are structuring a game-plan, HOWEVER, you listen to ever manager after an interview and they will all mention "what at tough game it is at the Brit" etc blah blah - and so do all the 'expert pundits' ;)

12. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

pulis is a disgrace get rid of him now!!!

13. Fill the corners in its Freezing

Hey ric

do you think we are getting through to people or will it take relegation for people to understand that Pulis is ****

14. tony pukelis

tony pukelis Member

Hey SGT are you keeping this thread up to cover the cup tie if so my next question is What has Pulis learned from our first encounter I doubt it, we have become to predictable now and I don't think Pulis as got anything in his locker to turn this team around.

OR

Maybe we forfeited the 3 pts yesterday because TP as got massive surprises in store for us and them and he is dead set sure he can get the points to survive.

15. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Good idea, i'll edit the title <ok>

16. Inverness Stokie

4-4-2
    Begovic
    Wilkinson--Huth--Shawcross--Higginbotham
    Pennant--Wilson--Whitehead--Etherington
    Jones--Fuller

These players MUST be on from the START our best players must play, Carew has been out of sorts and Kenwyne has played okay in the last few matches, he tried to create against West Ham and West Brom but isn't of the sort of striker that will come back and help the defence, as this is the case Whitehead MUST start along with Wilson. Our back four need to have tenacity about them, right now they don't get Higginbotham and Wilkinson in there NOW!
    Wilkinson and Higgy KNOW what it means to US supporters.

We need players in the starting XI who WILL put in a shift and who will FIGHT for the club and its supporters. In my opinion we haven't seen that of late from a select few, Walters doesn't deserve dropping but if Matty isn't fit then he'd slot straight on to the left hand side for me, get Deano to man mark "Der Hammer" and have Wilson staying on Scott Parker not giving him an inch so he'd have to remove him with a wallpaper scraper.

We need to start playing football again, not playing let teams have numerous shots on target as we defend in our 18 yard box!

17. Conroylegend

Conroylegend Member

Thats the strongest side we have inverness

fuller has got to be apart of the strike force if we are to get safe and progress in the cup but can he complete the 90 mins i doubt it. but then bring Walters on miidway 2nd half.Its got to be wilko and higgy back pugh and wilson hasn't worked out for me.

18. Inverness Stokie

I've an idea, lets tie up Pulis and his management team and us Not606ers will sort out the tactics and team selection.
    It really is NOT hard!

West Ham aren't all that, we MADE them look decent.

19. TheRealPotterJub

Heres hoping we can scramble a replay maybe?

20. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

No. If we are to go through we have to do it at home, at Upton Park we'd have no hope whatsoever. At least at home we'd have a glimmer of hope.