1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stoke City v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 23, 2016.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay........im still trying to work BIG BALLS tactics out.Fair dos hes got me on this one.
    I'll ask the audience please.

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

We were dire. The manager selected the wrong side and we were lucky not to lose by 5 or 6. We simply can not play Fer and Ki in the same side they offer no protection to the back 4 and that is why they looked poor. Leon needed to be sitting right in front of them breaking things up.one pass and Ki and Fer were out of the game and Joe was in behind them as they were 2 high up the pitch. yet our manager cant see it, when it was clear. Did you say Ki was getting back to where he was, would that be when he was 12. not good enough offers nothing other than slowing the ball down having 10 touches when 1 will do. Fer is a waste of space and should only play if Siggy is injured and I am not sure even then. It was as bad as It got last night. the tactics were to run around as fast and as much as we can and **** all else. We were pathetic, I thought we looked bad against Arsenal, but at least they have quality. This was a bang average Stoke side and we were no where near a level good enough to get something.

3. leez

leez Well-Known Member

defence that is always going to struggle and no decent goal scorer .. warning signs are there PING

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I asked the exact same thing. I still have no idea what our game plan was.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

The only one I can see is to get them running round fast like headless chickens and when we get the ball slow it down so much that the opposition have time to organise. then give the ball back to them.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

It ain't going to happen, but what we need to stay up is an Allardyce or Pulis type ..... never thought I'd say that.

However, Huw in his infinite wisdom declared that Bob the Blunder was the right guy.......

7. Taffvalerowdy

8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I think Huw wanted Giggs the Americans wanted Bradley.

9. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Bradley was expected to be that type of manager with that style. I'm afraid they won't work because we don't have enough players to play that way nor do we have enough to pass and move.
    But we do need experience - not an American or Manc experiment.
    At the moment we need a Sousa.
    or even our best points per game manager back -
    Manager.jpg

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Our tactics were exactly the same as they were against Watford. They were to play like the home team, have plenty of space between players so we can move the ball around, stretch the pitch wide and utilise the flanks, Barrow. It worked to some extent against Watford because Barrow played well, so did Siggy and we carried enough of a threat up top to keep the oppositions defence entertained.

Common sense predicted yesterday that we had to employ different tactic against Stoke because they were the home team, like Imsaid common sense. But we didnt and went with the same tactics which opened up the pitch for Stoke, who were average at best last night, and made them look good.

Our attack didn't work, Loriente was so far on his own he might as well have walked off and sat on the bench. Siggy ran but lacked his usual energy, Barrow too, he looked out of sorts and never really took in the full back.

So with Barrow misfiring and Siggy and Loriente shooting blanks its good to see Routledge step up to give us a chance.

That chance went in the second half which we started in our usual calamitous way. The first half of the second half was riddled with panic, mistakes and errors and it was on the cards that we would conspire to give the game away to Stoke. I knew it and you knew it and they shot themselves in the foot, again, gave goals away, again, and contributed to our own downfall, again.

I think the time has come to forget the 'Swansea way', that's long gone. We need to stat again from scratch.

We've forgot how to win so, first thing to do on our road to recovery is to admit that we have a problem. The problem we have and we are not admiting is that we are struggling to play the style of football that came so easy to us in the past. We don't currently have the personall to play that way so we have to change if we like it or not.

Before everything we need to learn how to love our goal and protect it from attack like it was a sand pit babys were playing in. Then we can start to learn not to lose. In training I'd put pictures of all the defenders Children in the goal and get the attack to shoot balls at them, then we'd see the defense break a few legs.

Defend first, defend at all costs, defend ourselves is the mantra, then we can learn how to win again.

just how I see it right now, things arent working any more so we need to adapt, adjust and change.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

11. Taffvalerowdy

It would depend on who could be recruited in January

12. Bob the slob

Indeed, but if Bradley is still in charge will it make a difference?
    Can we afford to change the squad and manager + assistants?
    I'm thinking Newcastle.
    Hoping Sunderland!

13. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

First match missed this season, and felt so sorry for the fans who travelled to watch that gutless and disorganised display. It seems as if we've got another inept manager in Bob the Gob, who talks a hell of a lot but is utterly clueless. Was Leon injured, if not why wasn't he playing, Fer and Ki a mismatch in midfield and no protection for the rookie centre backs. Can't think of one player that came out of that match with any credibility, every one of them needed a good shaking to wake them up from their lethargy. No fight, no guts, no passion, no passing skills, just hoof ball. Stoke were pretty poor too and were there for the taking, Bony and Allen their only decent players, and both enjoyed beating us judging by the delight on their faces.
    Not giving up yet but many more displays like that and we'll be too far adrift in the table to matter. We are in turmoil on and off the field, thanks to HJ, MM, LD, BK, you should be too ashamed to show your faces at the Liberty again. Stay at home and count your ill gotten gains, whilst Swansea burns.

14. Bob the slob

The Swansea Way went out of the window with Monk.
    We are neither one thing or another. Guidolin imo was getting back some of the old pass and move style.
    Bradley has gone beyond hoofball and it's now hit and hope.
    I like Routledge and, given our current squad, would always start with him but when he is in contention for man of the match you know the general fandome has given up.
    Barrow was on to a loser last night - when he's good he's running on to a ball or takes a pass short and room to manoeuvre last night he was having to chase lost causes, wait for a fall to drop from a great height and allow defenders time to close down or control a pass from 50 yards.
    In the PL I don't want to play like we did under Jackett but at least he had a discernible style.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  15. Taffvalerowdy

Hi Bob - I meant with a new, experienced Manager......

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

So how did last nights game go?.................................<laugh>

What's the verdict on Bob?.................<laugh>

Never mind Welsh Derbies next year, we can take all our frustration out on the Capital big boys...............................<laugh>

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

And Giggs turned us down :)

18. Taffvalerowdy

Giggs may have dodged a bullet ..... or we may have :bandit:

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Verdict? He's ****ing useless.

20. ValleyGraduate12