1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stoke City v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Why do ppl keep bring this up when nobody's questioned that. Are we not allowed to comment on the previous 66 points that were up for grabs and make a judgement on our performances during that period??? Just because I choose to do that, doesnt mean we can't grab the upcoming points, but simply that the way we're playing has not demonstrated we are doing enough to change that. Lets stop putting our head in the sand and criticising anyone that wishes to discuss it ffs.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Apart from continually repeating that the goal and the point mean nothing.

Just as well lose as draw eh, same difference?

You sound childish.

**** sake.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I dont think it because you are moaning about the performance, but because you said Rooney's goal meant **** all, which is factually incorrect, it meant a point.
    A point which may prove crucial down the road.

Also that you moaned because you are 6th, behind your rivals.
    It matters not where you are in January, only in May, and you are only 4 points from 2nd, not exactly a million miles away! If you were in Leicester's position I could understand.

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Does it matter what has happened up to now - it can't be changed, we are where we are. The important thing in my view is to take the positives and keep plugging on. There are more points still up for grabs than we have already won so far this season and because we are hitting a rich vein of form (today was a blip) - there is every chance we will grab a greater share of the 48 points than we might have at the start of the season.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Whoooooooosh! <doh>

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're the one continually mentioning the goal and point, I'd actually moved on.

You're not willing to consider anything else I've posted. And you call me childish lol.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Such a drama queen.

Leave the knee jerk to the red tops and stick to your guns: Jose will succeed playing the United Way

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It kind of does matter. We're no different to any side in our position are we? Look at it objectively, we're basically doing what Spurs did traditionally. If in seasons gone by, Spurs were putting in the results we were by the end of game 22, in 6th place and with at least 4 teams performing better than them and with more points, would you accept a Spurs fan saying that what's happened during the rest of the season doesn't matter?

I find it ironic that there doesn't seem to be any element of realism here. It's not like we're an established Top 4 side. We're not and I think we should get real about it and at least have some debate about how we're progressing. But no, let's just use soundbites like Bodanki and talk about 16 games and 48 points still to play for, and close down any discussion.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I've not read it.

The ONLY point I'm making, which you are unwilling to withdraw, is your continued ascertion that the goal/point/draw mean nothing.

Go back and read it. YOU said it.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yep I did make it, and now you'll claim I'm continuing it. So no win for me here.

All I can do is refer you to the rest I posted to explain why.

11. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

I'm ****ed........... Rooney is now a legend

12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

There is no doubt that what we need is a top class finisher to convert all these chances that we create. United have had draws against teams when they have had >20+ shots and >10 on target. What would help is a lampard or Even Giggs/scholes to help out too.

That is why JM is trying to get Griezman. Or one of the top strikers.

We needed a win and 3 points. The perfect opportunity to catch up when others are drawing or losing. But drawing is less damaging than a losing. Both for the points and morale.

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Oh dear.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

???

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We can't keep buying players and thinking that will solve the problem. We have Martial and Rashford who have proved they can score goals. What we need is a different approach in the final third and time spent on the training ground to address this.

16. Style

Style 'where is the love'

I'm not so sure, we create so many chances that I feel I even I could have scored a couple of them. So many of these draws could and should have been wins with some decent finishing.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I still don't think we stretch defences enough. The chances we create are often in crowded defences because our build up play is too intricate and narrow at times. When we do go wide it's for the sole purpose of crossing rather than having other runners to support, particularly on the left hand side. So yeh we do create but there's very little time and space for our players to have the composure to finish.

In fact so much so, that on the few occasions they DO get that time or space, they still rush or misdirect their shots.

18. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

On the bright side your new manager has you a few points ahead of last seasons pace .... no need to thank me for the good news .

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Thank **** for that, it would really make me feel ill <ok>