1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Still no striker!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by marko1985, Jan 30, 2011.

1. marko1985

marko1985 New Member

Sorry to be a little negative however.
    I am starting to get a little worried now with 24 hours left till deadline and we still only have 1 fit striker! Am i the only one who is concerned??
    Obvioulsy still gutted at the departure of money grabbing ^&%^&$ Judas, we need someone ASAP.I am thrilled with the signings of Muntari & Sess but surely the #1 position is a striker, welbeck still out and only have Gyna, if he gets injured we will be stuffed.
    I hope SB/Quin know what they are doing, she never have sold him until had replacement nailed on in my optinion.
    If we do not sign striker in this window it would be absolute stupidity/ disaster for the remainder of season!
    As for the stikers linked... FULLER?? you being serious this signing would make us look like a laughing stock... taking Stokes cast offs, If we can pull Pav off however i would be a little more optamistic!! see what tomorrow brings.

2. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

if we want to go for europe then we MUST sign a quality striker, fuller unfortunately isn't good enough imo, but i'd rather sign him than nobody

3. spoony

spoony Member

I dont think anyone will sign unless its on a short term deal. Would rather have Phillips back for a daft 4 months rather than a injured non entity like Fuller.

4. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I think that the signing of Sessegnon has eased the need to bring in someone like Fuller IMO.

He can link up with Gyan as could Richardson and offer alternatives up front. Remember, in another 3 or 4 weeks Welbeck will be back and Campbell may be in light training? No need to get another piece of driftwood in. We have just shifted one of those to Rangers after nearly 2 years of wasted wages and we don't want another one of those.

If Brucie finds one to bring in it will be a 4 month loan only or a permanent replacement for a big wedge. I think the former is most likely but I don't have a problem if its no-one.

5. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

And if it's a loan am I right in thinking that it can't be from a Premier club?

6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I would hate to pay over the odds for a striker just for the sake of it. It will only be a about 4 or 5 games before Welbeck is back, so I'm sure we could cope with that.

7. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

8. Pookie23-SAFC

Pookie23-SAFC Member

In short, quinn and bruce i trust. Theyd never lie to us!!!

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

To be fair actually Pulis said after they game today, it was a mix up between him and Quinn, because Quinn had between away. Not convinced he's good enough for Sunderland where they are.

10. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

IIRC, it was a female spokesperson......what's her name out of the ticket office? :)

11. Pookie23-SAFC

Pookie23-SAFC Member

hahahah

wasnt implying that you were implying they lie.. just looked at it and it does seem that way.

my bad, good shout bout her from ticket office.

it could also be Big-Christine the tea lady!

12. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

she never have sold him until had replacement nailed on in my optinion

He didn't want to stay so take the money.

Actually I was well impressed with what I saw of Owen at the weekend

13. only1kilbane

only1kilbane Member

No point been held to ransom for players. Hold on till the summer till we can get a proper replacement in. Sessegnon has played as striker before so gives us options.

14. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

i think bruce will just stick to one up top like we did against blackpool ,we did well earlier in the season with it while waiting for gyan to get up to pace and we have plenty plyers for the midfield,so i dont think he will get anyone in unless its a deal what will be good for the club in the longrun,also we have welbeck back soon and sess can play upfront to so i think we will manage, fingers crossed

15. Huddmackem73

Huddmackem73 New Member

Fair enough all you guys saying bruce will stick to one up front but what happens should Gyan pick up an injury say Tuesday night.....we do need another striker and i feel that Brucie has somthing big for us !!

16. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

I get this feeling we really are building a strong squad. Looking at the choices for tomorrow night I feel so confident we are making our selection from a squad of players whe I am confortable withand know that every one is good in his own position.

I won't be there tomorrow but if Andy Reid is moved on wouldn't it be nice if everyone sang thank you Andy Reid, Of course se all know to which tune.

17. rokereconomic

rokereconomic Member

I think Quinn and Bruce know exactly what they're doing.They havn't done too bad up to now, have they?

18. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

i still think bruce is after welbeck in the summer and this is in his thoughts as to bringing in another striker before the summer who he could get and would they fit into his long term plans

19. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

trev i would be most happy with wellbeck and really hope it happens <bubbly>

20. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

me to vince