1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 13, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I could not believe the story coming out of the Evening Post today,although it does explain the non contact with St Johnstone..

It states...

'Until Robins' situation becomes clearer, City directors will delay asking Scottish Premier League club St Johnstone for official permission to approach McInnes, but the 40-year- old Scot remains a major contender.'

If I was Del boy and truly believed I had something to offer and to find out I'm only second choice and will be considered only if the situation clears,I would not be to convinced of the sincerity or professionalism of my possible employers..

What a PR disaster to name and shame before any decision is made or is it just ****e reporting again..?

Why doesn't Sextone and crew just keep quiet,go and get their man and stop being clever..?

If I was Derek McInnes,knowing I'm only 2nd on the list,I really would tell Bristol City to go and ' Stick it where the sun don't shine' and enhance my own integrity and reputation....

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/CITY-CLOSING-NEW-BOSS/story-13542494-detail/story.html

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

What did I say about the crap PR being given to the media by Sexstone only yesterday when he was saying how we don't take the cheap option ?

Rather than stop being clever, I'd like to see him start being clever. Go and get us McInness...............!!!!!

3. Angelicnumber16

Could well be but the club should be controlling what statements are being released to the media. It can really send the wrong message.

4. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"OK Derek, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Mark had to pass up on this one but we all know you'll do just as well!...
    ....we'll just go and take the MR off the tracksuit." :laugh:

5. Angelicnumber16

Those are words I would like to hear !

6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

i think it's hard for the club to control what's said by the media or even if it's true.
    For example the article says that McInees has been interviewed, but the St Johnstone chairman says not - well one of them is wrong???
    To my knowledge Bristol City FC have not said the names of any of the candidates - it's been all speculation.

7. Angelicnumber16

smhbcfc - I agree in that a lot of what is coming out of the club at this heightened time of excitement and uncertainty will be nothing but pure speculation, with regards to who the next manager might be, who has expressed an interest and formally applied, if the club have approached anyone else, who has and hasn't been interviewed, and general chit-chat and gossip etc.

But when club personnel give the press direct quotes like Sexstone did about us not taking the cheap option, and appearing all holier then thou then they have every control over what the media do or don't get, and then leave themselves wide open to criticism.

We've got this horrible habit of saying the wrong things when we could say nothing.

Had he said, look we've learned our lesson and have found out to our immense cost (both financially and to the clubs now precarious position) that employing the cheap option wasn't the best idea then fair enough, but he didn't.

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The statement from the St Johnston chairman said," But Brown has revealed the Scottish club have not had any contact with the Robins regarding a potential compensation package"

So BCFC could have spoken to McInnes in an interview but not took it any further with an offer of compensation,just clutching at straws,you understand....

9. Angelicnumber16

Could also be (I hope) that McInness has made it through the initial round(s) of interviews but hasn't had the next stage or been offered the job.............as yet....

Can always dream, just get the feeling that it's not going to be him somehow which might be disappointing.

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

11. Lewman

Lewman Member

For me, that indicates that its either between robins or mcinnes. Because MR will be waiting for the forest job and he see's us as his second option. And the reason why i think its del boy is because we have just approached him and it will take a few days to sort a deal out. Plus sextoy said nobody will be there saturday to watch, which could possibly mean that DM is at St J?

12. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to "talk" to someone in a job without the permission of his club?

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

In our world no,in the wonderful world of football,who knows...?

14. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

We cannot talk to a manager under an employment contract with another club under league rules. It's the whole "tapping up" issue that applies to any football staff, both players and managers. City would be stupid to even try to talk to a contracted manager without fiorst approaching his club.

The media are always grasping for stories - that's their business. It can be mostly ignored.

Knowing SL, he will do the right thing both in terms of who we talk to and how we talk to them.

Chill guys.. good news should be just around the corner.

15. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

so i take it jones is out of the picture

16. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

has been for a while by the sound of it..

17. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

The Evening Post is ****, they get all of their stories straight from OTIB. I thought everyone knew that it is a joke paper?

18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The odds on o'driscoll has dropped today along with Jones, but reading into statements made saying no appointment will be made until next week would indicate something needs to be sorted, with both of those two out of work I would think it won't be either because that would be a quick replacement.
    Robins could be hanging onto a better offer from Forest if that is the case I would rule him out, as I want someone who will not see us as second choice.
    I think that there could be something in the statements that could indicate we will be getting someone already employed!

19. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

its done subversively....

agent 1 Hi Harry how's things going

agent 2 Not to bad, business is a bit quiet though, and the haggis season has finished

agent 1 is your man wanting to move, start of the wurzel season down here make a change

agent 2 No "not really" why are offering a opening?

agent 1 Well as you know we need a new manager, your chappies sort of what is needed is he happy there?

agent 2 Of course he is, but, given the right deal he might show an interest, I could have a word, YOU NEVER KNOW

TIME GOES BY

agent 1, did you have a word, up for grabs is 100k a week £10m transfer budget 3 year deal, new car and posh house down in Clevedon..

agent 2 thats pretty much what he is after, but needs somewhere to walk his dog, and I expect if the cats let out of the bag, club will let him talk but want compo

agent 1 no probs 43 acres for the dog, and compo can be sorted

agent 2 OK I will tell my man at SKY your club has had an interveiw with him that should start the ball rolling..............

:emoticon-0116-evilg:emoticon-0150-hands