1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stevie Humphrys Goes Out on Loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

As anticipated Stevie Humphrys is joining Shrewsbury until the end of the season. The really good news is that before going he signed a new contract till summer 2019 with an option to extend for another year.

upload_2017-1-26_17-20-13.jpeg

"Humphrys, 19, joined the Whites from Bury in 2013, and after working his way through the ranks made his First Team debut as a substitute in December’s 2-2 draw with Derby County at Craven Cottage.

He now joins fellow Academy graduate Jack Grimmer at Shrewsbury, and could make his debut for the Sky Bet League One side in Saturday’s away fixture at Gillingham.

"I’m buzzing," Humphrys told fulhamfc.com. "It’s a big achievement for me, and my family as well. I’ve come a long way since I first came down to Fulham at 15-years-old, and it’s where I see my future as the Club’s definitely going places. Making my debut was a very proud moment. It’s something that I’ve worked towards for a long time. My mum and dad were watching in the stands, so it was a big day for me.

"I’ve been with Shrewsbury for the last few days now training. The club has been really welcoming, and hopefully I can get some goals and help them get out of the sticky spell they’re having at the minute. It will be good to get some League One experience, some proper men’s football, and then hopefully I’ll be ready to come back and score some goals for Fulham.
    "

2. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Sorry to see him go on loan,i thought he could have been given more time with our 1st team squad,
    as next season we will be running around like a headless chicken looking for a C/F when Martin returns
    to hi parent club.I have watched Steve play in the under 23s many times a player who reminds me of Dembele
    big strong and fast and he can take penalties.

Doriley and Cottager58 like this.