1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stevenage 1 - 0 Fulham XI

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Jul 17, 2011.

1. WhatDoesWoyWant?

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Can't really expect much from an unfamiliar lineup such as that. I'm not reading too much into it.

3. Penguin

Penguin Member

I was at the game today. A very typical pre-season encounter. Could easily have ended 0-0 or 1-1 or even 0-1 as we had a few good shots. Stevenage played pretty well; we played like 11 guys who are good at football but who don't play together much.

The positives were that Ethridge was good, made at least one excellent save; Riise showed touches of class which can only improve with fitness/time with the team;Frei looked dangerous;Senderos was solid and all the youngsters are very quick around the pitch - they mainly need to work on their finishing and awareness of each other in the box and they tend to give the ball away too cheaply at times. Our corners were particularly well taken but we just didn't manage to convert them - on another day it could have been different.

It was good to see the lads anyway and the outing has only made me look forward to Thursday even more.

4. valjing

valjing Member

Penguin How did Trotta perform,about 18mths ago I raved over him,
    but the last 6months,have not been impressed at all.
    Seems to have put on weight,and lost whatever speed he had.

5. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Good detailed report there Penguin, maybe not as bad as I first thought

6. Penguin

Penguin Member

Thanks WDWW

Valjing, Trotta didn't stand out for me and of the two up front I would say that LDV was better in terms of positioning. I thought he was pretty speedy BUT that might just be compared to the Stevenage centre backs who didn't look to be the youngest around.

One thing I forget to mention last night was that JAR was wearing no 7 so I guess that settles the who Gets No 17 debate.