1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Cotterill

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by trickytree29, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I was surprised to read of his appointment at Forest - he seems like the kind of guy who really only succeeds with lower-league teams.

His biggest success has been with Notts County and Cheltenham Town.

It just comes across as a bit average when he's faced with better players - there is no doubting his motivational skills at lower level but Portsmouth seemed like a real let-down when you look at the players they have.

I can see him doing ok but I get the feeling that the real problems at Forest are more to do with the board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cotterill

2. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

This is just the kind of start we needed under Cotterill, we played our socks off last night and fully deserved the win, long may it continue

3. itsinthenet

itsinthenet Member

Well if we play like we did last night for the rest of the season we will finish far nearer the top than the bottom, you can only blame the managers for so long! After all this is virtually the same side that had that long unbeaten home run last season. Its amazing what a bit of confidence can bring! I don't believe that the players really wanted to play for McClaren. The excuses have got to stop sometime. Congratulations Steve on your first win hope it is one of many.

4. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

I could understand us not scoring as many goals after all our strikers have completly changed, but the defence is almost exactly the same so could never understand how we were conceding so many goals. As you point out itsinthenet maybe its just a confidence thing? Well hopefully Cotterill will keep them playing like that and we can look forward to a top half finnish :biggrin: