1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stephens goes !!! - according to www.oldham.vitalfootball.co.uk

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Midland latic, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

Latics midfielder Dale Stephens has left Boundary Park to join Charlton Athletic it was revealed tonight.

Stephens spent much of last season out on loan at promotion winning Southampton before returning to the Latics at the end of the season.

Now, ambitious Charlton stepped in with an offer said to be around the £375,000 mark although nothing has been confirmed as to the price.

Charlton are set to complete the deal as Chris Powell starts to strengthen his side for another attempt at promotion next term.

£375,000 not a chance £750,000 minimum

2. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

Charlton fan in peace, if he's rated so highly why was he loaned out to Southampton?

3. Midland latic

Midland latic Member

We were skint at the end of season and he wanted to leave, so money and the chance for Championship football but saints didn't come back in for him

4. cafc4ever

cafc4ever Member

What sort of player is he?

Heard good things about him though. Who do you rate more highly him or Evina?

Thanks and good luck next season

5. laticsfanatic

laticsfanatic New Member

He is the type of player who sits well in centre midd, got a good passing range on him, id say he is fairly quick on seeing passes and creating options his pace aint to bad either. He has a good shot on him as well, you got your self a good player the one thing that would let him down is that every now and again he faids away in the game but he is only young so that could all change. Out of stephens and Evina i would say stephens is just a little better i think his over all game is at a better standard, but evina is very quick and for a defender he has good feet the only thing that lets him down is some times instead of lobbing it out when in danger he still tries to play neat football. i guess thats something to do with his arsenal roots all the best for next year just not against us lol

6. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

cheers guys all the best for this season

7. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

I could see that price tag being right. What a shame. Couldn't see him ever staying with us long term though