1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Standing on the ball

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Brooking, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Brooking

Brooking Member

Suffolk you seem a sensible guy your quotes are always intelligent responses so I will tell you why I personally dislike your club, it's not the 6-0 drubbing you gave us new even beat you 3-0 at your place the following season so a 3-0 away win is as good as a 6-0 home win, and when you was that tiny club playing at Elm park we used to play there every per season to help get you half decent gate receipts, it's the fact that as my post says that your players gave it the big one and was very disrespectful to west ham all that standing on the ball **** and when your fans came to upton park again they was giving it large as if you we're some kind of super team, I really hope it is years until you get back to the premiership, this is not an attack on you personally as you sound a sensible guy.

All the best,
    Brooking:1980_boogie_down:

2. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Brooking, some might disagree with you that I come across as a seensible guy, but I'll take the compliment, I don't get many :)

For fans like me, the older variety who spent all of his active supporting days at Elm Park in the old third and fourth divisions (I've never even seen the MadStad) to have played in the top flight was always beyond my wildest dreams. But for many of the new breed of fans, who have only ever known decent championship Reading teams with a couple of forays into the prem, they see things different. In the time they have followed Reading they have seen West Ham going up and down between the two divisions so probably see our two clubs as about the same level. Unlike my day when West Ham were always a top flight club. Its perspective mate thats all.

I moved away from Reading almost 30 years ago and have only seen a handful of games throughout that period. But once a fan, always a fan. They'll always be my team. I don't get involved in the 'hate' game, although I will have a pop if I feel my club is getting some unjustified stick. Lets face it, as a fan, thats my job :emoticon-0105-wink:

But I have no problem with any club, including West Ham, so good luck for the future. And although you clearly won't agree, I hope we see you again soon!

3. Tilehurstsouthbank

Ah well, we knew it was coming, some before others! ;) I've had some good Bant with some Hammers, and some others have really been spiteful, but really, does it even matter? Looking forward to playing you again in a couple of seasons.

4. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

exactly TSB, I've written over 175 posts on the fine Hammers 'Cockney Boys' forum without as much as a single bad comment back ... mind you, can't say the same about two other West Ham forums ** cough cough **

5. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

If Kebe is such a horrible figure, then why are West Ham being reported in numerous sources as expressing serious interest in signing him?!

For example, this from 'Club Call':

"Chris Hughton will reportedly fight it out with West Ham to take Reading winger Jimmy Kebe to Norwich this summer. The Canaries boss, who has already been linked with Wolverhampton Wanderers' French-born winger Bakary Sako and Birmingham's England Under-20 winger Nathan Redmond this summer, is thought to be a big admirer of the Mali winger, who chipped in with five goals last season. And with the Royals failing to stay in the Premier League, Kebe could now look for a move away to remain in the top flight next term.
    Hughton would almost certainly face a fight with WEST HAM for Kebe's signature as Hammers boss Sam Allardyce was heavily linked with a move for him during the January transfer window before he penned a new deal at the Madejski Stadium. Fulham boss Martin Jol has also been credited with an interest as he is also looking to bolster his wide options at Craven Cottage"

6. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Kebe only signed a new deal with Reading when Zingarevich took over. Up until that point he had his bags packed ready to leave.

On his day he's a match winner. The problemn is he doesn't have many days. That, plus his injury record, it wouldn't bother me one bit if Kebe moved on. And take Jason Roberts and Pavel Pogrebnyak with him.