1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

squad number thoery

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by ooh-bebe_sifi1988, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

My thoery is and has always been that, considering we have a huge squad; if there isn't a particularly low squad number available (below maybe 30) then we aren't gonna sign a big name.

Random I know but i think it stands up.

Anyone want to agree or slate my thoery please lets discuss or fight =]

2. the_serbian_legend_X606

1, 2, 11, 4 and 7 could be on the verge of leaving.

3. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

Neville should definetly retire.

MO will probably stay ANOTHER year.

Hargo I hate to say will be given the push.

Giggs wants another contract so he'll probably get one.

Numbers 2 and 4 then. Maybe a Central Midfielder after all, I'd retire number 2 though.

4. Dave A

Dave A Member

I wouldn't retire any number, it didn't happen for George Best, Law or Charlton. I'd maybe retire a number out of respect if a player tragically died while being a player for the club.

If we were to seriously consider selling Carrick then I'd say we definitely need a good disciplined central midfielder. Carrick may not be everyones cup of tea but what he does is he frees up his midfield partner to like play to the forwards through the middle. Anderson plays best with Carrick, not Fletcher or Scholes and it's because of Carrick. Scholes still has a season left in him at least, he's still a class act.

We could do with another top winger, preferably left so we'd have nani, Valencia and someone like Sanchez. I wouldn't mind us buying that Eden Hazard from Lile that Wengers interested in, problem is I think he supports Arsenal. Defour looks like it could happen, not seen too much of him though but people I know who have say he's worth going for.