1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Lee263, Nov 9, 2014.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Now if you said that about the North London derby, I could see where you are coming from (still wrong though). But Chelsea have never been our "cup final". Bet you were glad to get yours out of the way on the first day of the season. I see Noble's penalties are getting better <ok>

2. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Beaten at home by Walkers FC, good ****!

3. Trick_WHUFC

Trick_WHUFC Active Member

I'm gonna wait to see if we get through against Bristol City before I gloat too much but you are right Lee - a hilarious result. Do you get the feeling it's all starting to go wrong at the Lane? It's about that time of the season when they start thinking about a new manager isn't it?

I see Harry Kane's goals have dried up too.

4. The Spurs Juggernaut.JPG The Spurs Juggernaut.JPG

What do you reckon, eh, lads?

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'm guessing there's a bick wall just out of shot, and who is Glenn? Icke's mate Hoddle?

6. Yes, I thought the "Glenn" was a nice touch on my part. As are the blazing headlights, which I added, too.

Poch behind the wheel, though, is the best bit. You can see him, there, shifting that mighty beast through the gears.

7. Trick_WHUFC

Adebayor on West Ham: "When I finally chose the one I wanted to go to, unluckily Mr Levy was against it because they had become a rival."

Seems I'm not the only one that thinks we're on the verge of becoming the third biggest club in London.

Eh Mr Levy?

8. @Tricky...

<rofl>
    Thanks for that! I needed cheering up, mate.

9. Trick_WHUFC

<laugh>:biggrin:<laugh>:biggrin:<laugh>:biggrin:<laugh>:biggrin:<laugh>:biggrin:

please log in to view this image

bigsmithy9 likes this.
  10. Okay, so we're 0-1 down at half-time in the NLD, but it is patently clear that we are twice the team Arsenal is! We are all over them like a rash!

Let's hope our superior play brings its rewards in the 2nd half.

11. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Don't make me bloody laugh you silly things!!!!!

12. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Don't you have toilets in West Ham?Just because you do it in the streets at Upton Park we can show you how to use a toilet on your next visit.

13. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

I guess Mathematics may not be a strong point but I think your squad cost at least 80M to assemble and whilst that is still only half (not a quarter) of what Spurs have spent, if it was based on net spend Spurs have probably spent less so are achieving more than you!

14. Trick_WHUFC

Nothing wrong with my maths.

I could easily prove my figures are reasonably accurate by typing out the two squads and fees paid, but I don't feel like applying the effort.

Fair point on the net spend, although the figures are considerably distorted by the freak one off sale of Gareth Bale and the fact we have suffered a relegation and have had to rebuild.

Look at the total net spend over the last fifteen years rather than the last 5 though and you will see a truer picture.

15. AshfordGill

Why15 years because that suits your argument better than 5? No one who joined 15 years ago will be playing for either side now!

Bale went for the market price for a player of his quality much as Rio did all those years when he left you so why does that distort the figures particularly? Even without Bale Spurs have had a negative net spend in the 3 of the last five seasons, and even if you discount the fee received for Bale they have still a smaller net spend than you in the last 5 years

16. Trick_WHUFC

We have a squad that cost a quarter of what yours did and you are only having a marginally better season than us.

End. Of. Argument.

17. AshfordGill

It is still half not a quarter and you are having a very good season very unlucky not to win yesterday and WE are having a much worse season than you, but are hopeful that we have a turned a corner and may make mid table by May

18. Trick_WHUFC

If it's half, then that means you assembled your squad for around £125M. Which you didn't.

19. Thing is, in football, you have to spent billions in order to obtain a consistently good advantage over every other team in your league, and very few teams can afford that. The two that can are consistently better than the rest of the teams in the Prem.

For Spurs to spent a few million pounds more (not billions) isn't going to make that much of a difference. The fact is, that Spurs is a better team than you Spanners, full-stop.

This isn't meant to be a wum.

20. Trick_WHUFC

Well yeah I would agree spurs have a better team than us (for now). But then you wouldn't expect anything different with a £200M+ squad compared to our £65M squad would you?

6 points separates us 2/3rds into the season.

Congratulations. :biggrin: