1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spoilt For Choice !

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by pirate49, Jul 20, 2011.

1. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a vibrant performance last night. First half we were excellent. They came back after the break but we showed great resilience. Campbell filling in at LB was sound, and Richards in his one on one took his goal well (nightmare memories of Duffy in the same position).
    Don't tell me it was only a friendly. Burnley were up for it and they showed that it mattered.
    So Buckle is in the enviable position of soon having to decide upon his best XI.
    Bevan gets the nod in goal I'm sure: but Boateng or Smith at RB, which two of Virgo, Anthony and Bolger at CB, Smith or Campbell at RB, Carayol or Zebroski at LM, Anyinsah or Swallow at RM, Lines, Gill, Stanley, W Brown or Campbell in CM, Harrold, McGleish, Richards, Zebroski, Kuffour or Anyinsah up front ? !!!!!!
    I've seen all the pre-seasons bar Salisbury, and I'd tentatively go for:
    Bevan
    Boateng, Bolger, Virgo, L Brown
    Zebroski, Gill, Campbell, Carayol
    Harrold, McGleish

....but then again........

(PS...credit to Lines and Kuffour last night. They both put in good performances and could force their way back in.)

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Hopefully Buckle will rotate the players a bit so that we have plenty of options all season. I think Trolls left too many players out for too long, and most of them didn't look match fit when they were called on.

What a transformation! We've got a lot to be optimistic about this season. I can't remember a better pre season or more reasons to be cheerful.

Up The Gas!!

3. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Wasn`t at the game but sounds like the whole team are shaping up nicely. I still want Lines gone though.

4. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

bet you cannot beat the gulls

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Good or Bad.....:emoticon-0107-sweat