1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v West Ham 04/02/2017 KO 3 pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SAINTDON13, Feb 2, 2017.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Yes, let's get rid of a manager a couple of weeks before one of our biggest games. Great idea to go to Wembley without a manager.

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Missed this...Boufal got injured again on Saturday?

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

While we are at it why not get rid of Reed as well? <doh>

4. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

It looked to me as if he'd sprained his ankle.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

You probably won't be suprised to hear that there's a 'Reed out' thread on SW <doh>

There'a also a sizeable number who think we should sack Puel and give Adkins the job until the end of the season... I **** you not <laugh>

6. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Some on Twitter calling for Sean Dyche and Gary Monk should take over

7. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Adkins? Well there's a thought. We'd still get hammered but would be more interesting to watch. And would be more interesting to watch pressers.
    Seriously though, some people. I don't think puel is really the man for the job, from what I've seen, but agree with above he has been put in a **** position.

8. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Puel hasn't shown me that he is the best manager in the world. But the fact is I don't think there are many managers out there, that would be available to us, that would have done any better so far with this budget and squad.

One thing i find interesting is that the majority of people accept that it can take a year for a player to settle in to a new club, in a new league, in a new country. A player such as Cedric being a good example. Yet, the idea that it may take a manager a season to get to grips with everything doesn't seem to be shared with many.

9. Lovelocum

Pochettino. Koeman. It's not just results, we haven't been as nice to watch. I'm not saying he's terrible or calling for him to go. He's done some good things, but I just don't feel he's right. Happy to be proven wrong.

10. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not so sure. A lot of people were looking for us to sign a new RB in the summer, and some (bizarrely, in my view) still hold that view. I didn't see many people giving Cedric the benefit of the doubt last year, due to it being his first year. (But yes, you're clearly right to point out that it can take time)

11. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I had heard....hence my comment...... I truly don't understand some of the mentality shown on that website.

Libby likes this.
  12. Lovelocum

Haven't been on it for years actually. No real reason, just don't feel it's the place for me.

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

I tend to only read on there when I'm on nights as it kills time.

14. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I know that I whinge and moan a lot but you haven't heard me say that Puel must go. I think he is a good coach who has been dealt a crap hand that has got even worse through injury. He has my support and sympathy.

His press conferences are **** but that is not what we employ him for and I know we find them difficult to follow but if half our fans could speak French half as well as he speaks English we would probably still be in the EU.

What I am really pissed off about though is the constant sale of our best players and if the Bertrand rumours are true that really is rubbing salt in the wounds and has reached the point where the club really are taking the piss out of us fans.

I am also fed up with fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us and saying we lack ambition.

AshbySaint likes this.
  15. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I said managers that wold be available to us. Do you think either Pochettino or Koeman would come to us then?

16. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Guy on FB wants Beattie/Monk!

17. Lovelocum

Not specifically them, they have already managed here so are unlikely to return. But examples of managers who have come to us (pochettino while newly promoted) who have taken less than a season to adapt to the PL. pochettino and koeman were lured here previously, are we suddenly no longer good enough? If those 2 were still abroad would we no longer be able to acquire their services?

Nb while typing I realised the answer may be 'no'. Chinese takeover.

18. Le Tissier's Laces

To answer that question honestly, Marco Silva would have come to us, and yes, I think he would have been a better option.

But that's by the by. We have CP and he needs and deserves support. This situation is not (all) of his doing by any stretch.

19. HarryTipper

HarryTipper Well-Known Member

To even consider replacing Puel at this point of the season is lunacy. We have a cup final in a few weeks and 3 more months of the season still to play.
    Get Austin and Van Dijk fit by April (hopefully worst case scenario) and we'll avoid relegation.

However the summer is a different matter entirely and there are a lot of issues that need resolving. Puel can then be fairly judged over the whole season and a suitable decision can be made on his future.

Libby likes this.
  20. Le Tissier's Laces

100% agree with all of this.