1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some or just 1 has turned on Wael.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Got to be 1 of the dumbest things I have read.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/8778/owner-undermined-manager

"wael gave dc a pathetic budget which meant he signed a bunch of kids on loan and 2 very ordinary lge 1 players.
    wael has delivered f*** all so far but has left our manager struggling signing kids on loan with a silly billy low budget.
    whats the difference between higgs and wael on the evidence so far?
    nothing as yet,,what about making some proper signings instead of the little children and failed professionals we have signed so far?
    why dont we question wael and say what the hell is going on?
    "

Like I said, 1 of the dumbest things I have read.

2. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Makes you feel ashamed that we are associated with such a moron! Hope Wael realises that this is a lone voice that doesn't realise the realities of what might have been if he hadn't stepped in. Very disappointing.

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It's hardly a majority view, and the trouble with social media is this sort of moronic rubbish which appears every now and again.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly Wael said that we had a budget comparable with any side in league 1, these kids were doing alright until a few matches ago, somebody needs to remember we have gone up a division and that some of the players I don't think are up to standard, DC used new contracts as a carrot last season to try and keep the players believing and it worked. We are in League 1 2 promotions in 2 years, I didn't notice any complaints last season when players were brought in and that promotion was obtained

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's an utter knob that 1973 person always spouting crap but not just him their are some utter pricks on that forum.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

DC said the other day that our budget is bottom 8 of league 1. But what he didnt say is if the full budget is bottom 8 of league 1 or what he is currently using of the budget is bottom 8 because he hasnt seen fit to use all of it because he has been very loyal to the players who got him up.

7. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Don't think Mr Wael has needed to step in as yet, he has just been watching and enjoying the ride.
    We've had two consecutive promotions and started this season in sensational fashion
    Its only in the last couple of months that the wheels have started to come off and that is odd because the same players that started this term so well now appear to have lost their way.

8. old timer

I'm guessing CJS that it's the latter if he is talking about bringing in 3 new players, because I wouldn't have thought that the loan wages would amount to that much

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Unless he is getting rid of some to make up for getting 3 in. If Taylor is off then that could be 3 players wages right there if he is our highest paid player.

10. old timer

CJS If Taylor goes who would you like to replace him

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

No idea my friend. Someone who can score goals would be a start though. Someone who dont waste as many chances. Someone who can make goals not just scores them and someone who can run, run and run their heart out. Issue is, every club wants 1 of these players. If Taylors head is elsewhere, like leaning towards a new club, then no point keeping him, but cash in on him. If he wants to stay then he (along with all the other players) need to get their finger out and start playing for the club again.

old timer likes this.
  12. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

FFS 1973 is still at <laugh>:mad:.

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Ask 1973:emoticon-0148-yes:

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just checked. I give up on some people.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I don't think he was even born in 1973 I think he's one of the older fans who's been going for years which makes it even sadder I wonder if Wael has read that thread yet

16. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

Think some people need a reality check. We are operating on a bottom 8 budget but that does not mean there is no money. DC has been sensible and left a large chunk, IMO, to have room to manoeuvre in January, after all what was the point of blowing all in the summer?
    With regards to Wael he is the best thing to happen to Rovers since Dennis Dunford saved us. What Wael has done is secure planning consent for a new training facility which puts us into the Academy mix, entering at tier 3 and able to get to tier 2 shortly thereafter. Stadium talks ongoing and if he gets the price down to an acceptable cost and unpicks the desperate agreements that Higgs made to get there then, without a shadow of doubt he will have done more than most to secure our future.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Thats why I love this forum. Although there are different opinions by us all at times, we all show sense in what we say, regardless if we agree with it or not. That madness on that forum is just complete nonsense.