1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So, who would you sign?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by EnderMB, Jul 25, 2011.

1. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

As there doesn't seem to be much going on for Bristol City at the moment, why not discuss some hypothetical transfers that we'd like to see at the Gate? With luck, Millen or one of his subordinates will be reading this forum and will steal Lansdown's cheque book while he's sleeping.

We've got a great keeper, but a terrible defence and midfield, and we need signings ASAP. We're in desperate need for a hungry, attacking midfielder and for that reason I'd give Fergie a call and ask for Ravel Morrison or Paul Pogba for the season. Morrison would likely be handed over just to get him away from trouble in Manchester. On top of that I'd sign Freddy Adu from Benfica as he'd be cheap on the wages as long as he gets first-team action.

In defence we should look no further than Jonathan Spector. The guy is still unattached after leaving West Ham and will probably be more than happy to sign for us as we're in desperate need of a proven defender. Anyone who watched West Ham last year will remember that Spector was a stand-out player during the first half of the season.

So, anyone else anyone here would sign?

2. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Anybody and quickly cos Maynard is history !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

Believe me, I'd like to get rid of him as he's has months to sign a contract and has made no noises. Personally, I blame our management for not putting a deadline on the contract. I'm shocked that Millen hasn't given Maynard a deadline and them given Leicester a final chance to put in a proper bid for him (£5M+). We're not a club with financial concerns so we don't need the money, just the compensation for a good player leaving. Personally, if I were you I'd put that £5M to better use by signing a decent foreign striker, but it's your money.

Given that Maynard struggled a lot in his first year here I think that Pitman could be in line to be our main forward. The guy had phenomenal form through part of last season and if match fit and ready for Championship football the only thing stopping him from bettering Maynard is the support from the rest of the team. Stead will also be a threat and if Clarkson gets his finger out he could have a good season. If Maynard leaves I'm not too worried about us, as long as we get enough money for him leaving us after his injury last season.

If Maynard does leave I want most of that £5M to go on an extra defender, with some of it going towards wages for new signings. £5M would land us a defender of Premier League quality and potentially a future captain.