1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So, what's your excuse.....................

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

....................for not posting on here?

Plenty looking but not writing - is it something I've said?.......<laugh>

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Nothing to really say after yet another boring game yesterday.

Only excitement was the red card incident.

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yup - boring game against a very good side, but a point in the bag is the only way to look at it.

That's the first point of a dozen I wanted from the six games before the New Year - 11 to go then and I expect us to be there or thereabouts before we meet Brighton again New Year's eve.

Ipswich away next week will be critical - I expect Warnock to go there for 3 points not just the one.

4. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

When it come to the games I have little to offer being so far away and not seeing any games. But I enjoy the crack on here and offer a view as and when I have something to say.
    Still think we shall survive and hope Newport will too. Can't see the second (or is it third after St Davids?) surviving at the moment and can even feel another administration coming on!!! No assets and needing to borrow to buy players if the Dull Dai has his say!!!

5. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

I can see them falling into league 2

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Wasn't there as away enjoying the sights and sounds of Dorset. Don't know how cold it has been here but lots of brass monkeys screaming in pain around Poole and Bournemouth.

However Barry Tiger kept me up to speed with a regular text commentary. <ok>. Sounds like football not up to much but a few personal battles to keep people interested.

A point us useful and a clean sheet great for defensive morale. Big game at Ipswich which we can't afford to lose. Not a good ground for us in the past but they are not doing well and Colin must feel we can nick it. Colin v Big Mick. It will be interesting on the touchline too.

7. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

personally i think we'll have too much out wide for their pretty static defence, the pace of Harris was brilliant to see and he's fast (no pun intended) becoming one of my favourite players

8. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I only post during work time <whistle>, when I should be working <whistle>.. A 2 year old and 4 week old at home means I don't get much time to myself these days <laugh>.

9. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

TBH my lack of posts has been due to a couple of things. It's been a really busy time but the main reason is I'm as disinterested in the club as I've been for a long time.

Warnock will keep us up, but until he signs players he believes in to try and actually play a bit watching at the CCS is ****ing hard work. 30% possession and score from set plays will do a job but I find myself watching and wishing (from a style of play point of view) I supported the other side most weeks. Having said that Brighton were terrible first half, they passed it backwards in some type of mistaken belief possession would win the game, we were there for the taking first half. If they'd bought Knockheart (sp) on sooner they'd have won imo.

In our current position it's a good point. Harris was lively and is worth a run of games. Neither Noone or Pilks provide anything like enough to not persist with Harris. The bit where knocked the ball past Bruno and charged into the open space was a show of pace no other player in our first team is capable of.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  10. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

its most probably you sparkey......I doubt it`s me that`s keeping them quite anyway.....I even brought taff back into the fold the other day <laugh>

anyways you know how I feel about the game these days >>>>its got very little left that makes it more interesting than the house of Rothschild for me <ok>

the jacks story is a good one at present mind........twinkies and yanks go hand in hand and down thy pan they will a go go..........I wonder if they will make a film about this little episode....i wonder whats the odds on that happening sparkey <laugh><ale>.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No idea what those odds would be aber, but I reckon it'd be a box office smash in Cardiff........<laugh>

You may recall (or not <laugh><laugh>) that at the start of the season I put 2 quid on a double involving the Jacks and Leeds.

Because Monk had just been appointed Leeds manager after being sacked by the Swans. I had that 2 quid on the Jacks going down (4/1) and Leeds going up (12/1) double giving me a potential £130 return.

I reckon the cash out option which stands today at £5.91 to be a bit mean eh? <ale>

12. BluefromBridgend

Could see that rising a bit come January although I can't see Leeds sustaining promotion form for the whole season. However does your bet pay out if they go up via the play offs? And of course, the Jacks....................

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yup Bluey - promotion by any method will do.

14. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

CBA?

15. BluefromBridgend

CBA?

Colin's Big Arse?

16. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Just drew Fulham at home in the FA Cup <ok> Meh

17. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

think I`d buy a seat for the show sparks....it be like a Penelope pitstop episode brilliant stuff.....huw Jenkins the hooded claw....the ant hill mob starring aussie bony dai max the weather boyce and little brian Flynn

"CBA" = Cardiff barmy army

18. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

The FA cup 3rd round used to be the best football day in the season for me.

Now it's spread over 4 days, and teams don't put out their best eleven.

I won't be bothering with watching the Fulham tie.

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Close.

Can't be arsed .

Not true really but I'm sure there's a lot of that about.

20. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Hey, try using "can't be arsed" on your next prison sentence pals......always there's some bugger who takes a fancy to me, I tell you no lies! <cool>