1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

so whats the plan for VILLA ....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Feb 25, 2017.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Not too hard on myself the statement suggested that but the team selection sort of dismissed what I thought. I would think there possibly is unrest in the camp in the shape of Matthews and Tomlin. And their performance last Wednesday night also suggested they wasn't interested.
    What I was getting at RR was stating it like fact and was asking him like who.
    At least I gave my thinking in the statement but he does not.

Redprintt likes this.
  2. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

….whereas if they play as they did in the first half, only for the whole match, they will do at Villa Park what they did at Craven Cottage.
    What does that tell you about Bristol City ?

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Match facts
    • Villa host Bristol City for the first time since meeting in the top flight in August 1979, when the visitors won 2-0.
    • Despite winning in midweek, no side has taken fewer points in the Championship in 2017 than Villa, who have picked up just four from their last 10 games.
    • After a bright start to the season, since being linked with the vacancy at Villa in October, Lee Johnson's City have won just 13 of the last 66 points available to them
    • The Robins have conceded the first goal in 22 league games this season - the most in the division along with Blackburn and Rotherham.
    • Prior to the midweek win over Derby, Villa's successive home losses to Ipswich and Barnsley are the only two home defeats they have suffered this season.
    • City will be without Tammy Abraham and Milan Djuric is doubtful, this could lead to Matty Taylor getting a start

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Love the stat above that says Villa have got even less points than us in 2017!- Well at least one of the teams is guaranteed to get at least 1 more tonight. Really need it to be us getting all 3.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Lets not be scared of the big name and ego's of their fans - Villa are only 6 points 'better' than we are - and we have the better goal difference despite our poor run.
    If we can put 2 past 'Premiership-in-waiting' Newcastle on their own patch, then there is no reason why we cant at least draw at a team that is on a worse run that our own!

6. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Too much to ponder for my head in that question by comparing it to a performance last year. Five (?) of that team did not play Saturday.

Two good halves please from this XI.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi guys - like your attitude bcfcr&w - it's the only one to have but reality is a hard taskmaster.

I think Villa will bounce you tonight. Potato Head is in similar mould to Warnock and it will show - he'll have too much experience for Johnson.

Fair play at Newcastle, but you got off to a flyer and came back with a fortunate point on the game overall. Benitez is in the wrong division as a manager and only his existing Prem squad and Ashley's financial clout will get him back up. If they don't make it throug the autos, and it's by no means certain, they'll bottle it in the playoffs and he'll disappear off the scene.

As far as your game tonight is concerend, Bruce has had a hard time of late but both he and Warnock are miles better equipped to deal with the challenges of the Championship than your current man.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. johngalleyfan2

4th and below need 4 results to overhaul NEWCASTLE .... HUDDERSFIELD need just2 ! So really tonights game is a bit of a " clash of the titans" and may just decide who is going to be top ...a win for Brighton would make them odds on..Newcastle needing 2 possibly 3 results to overhaul them.. Huddersfield on level games would require Newcastle to lose 2 whilst they were winners ...
    tonight is the guarantee that at least 1 of the top 2 will be in the auto's ..other fixtures considered....

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Should Newcastle lose to Brighton tonight their auto spot will become under serious threat. Their next game is away to 3rd place Huddersfield who have already beaten them at St. James Park earlier in the season and will have a game in hand after tonight.

I like Wagner as manager and rate Mooy as the best player outside the Prem - they were my "dark horse" for this Championship season before it started on a thread on our forum.

Funilly enough, a couple of our lads tipped you guys and it looked good for them after the first 10 games of the season - where did it all go wrong?

10. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

A Clueless manager i'm afraid :emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

11. johngalleyfan2

About a dozen on here were brave enough to post where they all 24 would finish ...
    10 of 14 Newcastle top 2 have Newcastle /Brighton
    11 of12 Rotherham bottom 3 12 of 12 Burton whilst 7 had Barnsley bottom 3 and no one Huddersfield top 6...
    2 had City 15th 15th is currently 11 points above relegation..... but 1 game in hand!

12. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see what the line-up is. I'm expecting minimal changes at most and I'm probably happy with that. A real shame that some players (I'm thinking Tomlin especially) aren't producing what we know they're capable of.

If it's because they don't respect the manager then I don't have much sympathy for that as a reason not to try hard. I've said elsewhere that I've been in the LJ out camp for a while now, but players ought to honour their clubs by giving their all as long as they're being paid (very well I might add), no matter what the circumstances. Speculation of that being the case at Leicester recently has been doing the rounds, which if true would be appalling.

Back to Villa, I think we'll be a tougher prospect than a lot of their fans would expect. We concede far too many goals for me to say I think we'll go on and win, but we're pretty reliable goalscorers, even without Tammy. They'll miss the suspended Bacuna too.

Hopefully we get a committed City side, and not the abominable mess that went through the motions vs Fulham...

14. RedorDead

Unchanged from Saturday, team announced on Twitter

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Expect a loss,think Saturday we got lucky.

16. RedorDead

What do you think of this?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...aysian-millionaire-said-to-sell-soccer-stakes

17. johngalleyfan2

wow obviously of short attention span .. got bored, probably going to buy an F1 team

18. RedorDead

Not as lucky as us not listening to your drivel

19. johngalleyfan2

A DRAW WOULD BE NICE

20. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

At this point I'd take it - but even that would seem like daylight robbery. LJ out I'm afraid.