1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So what are your predictions for2011?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by knickerbrook, Jan 25, 2011.

1. knickerbrook

knickerbrook New Member

New season - new specs. Maclaren testing late. Who's hot? Who's not?

2. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

RBR vs Ferrari vs Mclaren.
    Vettel vs Alonso vs Hamilton
    I honestly think Alonso as long as their all pretty close together, seeing how close he was in 10

3. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anyone else think that the Hispania car is unlikely to be ready in time? If they can only start testing 8 days (I think) before Bahrain, they're going to have some serious issues. I hope Team Lotus are stronger this year, I'd like to see them at least in contention with the midfield occasionally, same goes for Virgin.
    I'm expecting Mercedes to be stronger this year, and Schumacher to have ironed out some issues. I think this could be another tight season!

4. knickerbrook

knickerbrook New Member

I agree its going to be tight. What about Button, now he has a season under his belt at Mcl, and will presumably have a car better suited to him? If RBR have a car as well balanced in 2010, I think a maturing Vettel will be hard to beat. I fear for Hispania, DHC, but see Lotus and Virgin improving to catch up on midfield. I look forward to a good season.

5. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to 2011, sometimes drivers have their good or bad moments, Michael had his bad ones in 2010, It is time for him to man-up and get some of his old speed back, to show these young boys a thing or two.
    Expected battles.
    Hamilton.v.Schumacher.v.Alonso
    Schumi for the title.
    Can't wait.:)

6. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Ultimately it all depends on the car. As long as Ferrari have a decent car, Alonso will be a contender. If McLaren and Mercedes have competitive cars, expect Button and Schumacher to be contenders as well.

As defending World Champion, Vettel will be a favourite for the title but it's very unlikely that his car will be so dominant this year - so he needs to be more complete as a driver. He made silly errors (Turkey, Spa) which almost cost him the title. He proved that he can be a mature driver in Singapore last year, and now he needs to keep up that level of consistency in order to successfully defend his title.

7. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As a slight aside, does anyone know how the adjustable rear wing works in quali? Can the drivers use it on the straights, or is it fixed?

8. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I want to see Schumi back in business, as for anything else I am a Ferrari fan but I try not to be too biased. As for adjustable rear wings, hopefully we will get some more 606ers over here to fill in with a bit of technical knowledge, I am clueless when it comes to this kind of thing!

9. Forza Bianchi

I think a lot of people are dismissing Schumacher's chances based on his 2010 struggle and his age. Schumacher may be 41, but he is still one of the best drivers on the grid and if the car and tyres are better suited to him (which in theory they should be), then we could see Michael Schumacher back to his best. Alonso has already pointed out that the point that Michael could be his biggest threat. I would love to see him once again, fight for the title.

10. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I hope Schumis back with a vengeance but like always it's wait and see till the first race. Fingers crossed though!

11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives New Member

I just have a sneaky suspicion that Renault might pull something out of the bag and Kubica is going to be up there. Def will put money on him getting a GP win this season.

Oh hello I'm new by the way

12. Forza Bianchi

RasputinLives,

Welcome to Not606. :emoticon-0100-smile

Interesting that you should mention Renault (or is it Lotus-Renault now?). I hadn't even considered Renault; but if any team will break into the top 4, it would be Renault. I also suspect Kubica will win a race, but I don't think the WDC is a realistic option. As for the Constructors, they have ruled themselves out of that by retaining Vitaly Petrov.

13. HackerJack

HackerJack Member

HRT will be fine for the first race. Most cars were fine during their first sessions when it comes to reliability (Virgin's tank aside). It will be slow as a rock though and going pst half distance in the season is a toss up.

14. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Welcome Rasputin! Kubica is always a dark horse it seems, I'd like to see him at Ferrari with Alonso, that would be my dream team.

15. RasputinLives

RasputinLives New Member

thanks for the welcome guys.

Can't see the Kubica Alonso pairing at Ferrari happening I'm afraid because I'm not really sure Fernando would want it - I mean would you want someone that highly rated moving in on your territory? If it was going to happen they would have let Massa go this season but they renewed him early as a sign it wasn't.

Kubica is not in a very strong position since BMW went because all the top teams have their top driver and none of them want Kubica coming in and steeling their thunder.

As for ruling out Renault Lotus thingy because of Petrov - don't underestimate Petrov - he's no Piquet Jr and I think with a year under his belt he could shock a few people this year

16. scbf1

scbf1 Guest

Cant wait to see F1 in HD and also want to see Schumacher winning again and hopefully Di Resta will do well

17. Forza Bianchi

I'll admit that he has shown glimpses of potential (like at Hungary and Abu Dhabi), but overall he has lacked consistency and he really should have done better last year. While he will have more experience, I don't think he has the skill required to be a major player in F1.

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Petrov blew a bit hot and cold last year for me, but as a rookie I suppose that would be to be expected. Drivers should get more than one year to establish themselves.

19. scbf1

scbf1 Guest

I think Petrov did just enough to secure a seat in F1 although at times he was pretty unreliable. He did look like the rookie in the team as Kubica was far superior

20. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Im hoping 2011 will be Fernando's year to get the job done and be the youngest ever triple world champion. other than that I have a feeling Mclaren will make a bad car which will allow the Merc to gain a top 3 spot