1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So We'll Make Sure We're the Better Team on the Day

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 5, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Lee Johnson tries to reassure despairing Bristol City fans with 'plan B' for Wolverhampton Wanderers clash

Robins boss responds to criticism and says that his team do have a 'plan B' despite wretched away record

It was a bitter blow for Bristol City's survival hopes on Tuesday evening as Preston North End pulverised the Robins 5-0 at Deepdale.

A dismal second half showing resulted in four goals being shipped, the worst defeat of the season and half an hour of calls for head coach Lee Johnson to be sacked.

And the Ashton Gate side only remain safe after Reading defeated Blackburn on the same evening 3-1.

The facts make for grim reading:

• Just three away wins all season
    • Two wins in their last 10 games
    • No away wins all season after conceding the first goal

Johnson admitted after the match that he had read the riot act to the players
    Head coach Lee Johnson admits the riot act has been read to Bristol City players after Deepdale thrashing

The head coach said: "We've got decent enough players in there, we just need to get that mental toughness to see something through. And if it does go against us to then see it through and go again.

"Tomorrow is always a new day so we'll make sure we're the better team on the day on Saturday against Wolves," he explained.

Responding to a question from the Bristol Post about whether his side actually have a 'plan B' for when things go against them, Johnson was quick to confirm they do.

"There's a number of different shapes, a number of different formations we can use." he said.
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...s/lee-johnson-tries-reassure-despairing-18377

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

This makes me think..

* Have a 'plan B'
    * Tomorrow is always a new day
    * Better team on the day

* Just three away wins all season
    * Two wins in their last 10 games
    * No away wins all season after conceding the first goal

I been selective with print but this is what the little fella does, confuse and create division..

3. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

LJ is a disgrace.
    Despite all he's done for the club, unfortunately SL is now a disgrace.
    As a club, we are now a disgrace.
    I am resigned to what seems to be the inevitable. Relegation.
    At least Rotherham tried to stem the tide. We've just sat there and let it wash over and drown us. Hard to believe.

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

SL is definitely not a disgrace. He's put in over £130 million into this club.

I think people should be more grateful.

Look at Coventry, Portsmouth and Blackpool

manxrobin likes this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Grateful for what? The consistent bullshit he dribbles out of his mouth and the constant employing of lousy managers doesn't earn him any kudos from me despite the money he has invested in the great additions to Ashton Gate. His investment in supposedly taking Bristol City to a higher level will look great next season with crowds below 10,000 and probably the same useless manager who has made a mockery of how a team should be run. Lee is like a rat refusing to leave the ship that is going down due to his total lack of knowledge and essentially is laughing in the faces of the supporters. Perhaps this is his sick version of revenge for all the crap he took as a player.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I have seen about 2 maybe 3 events in 9 months .. hardly constant

7. invermeremike

But enough to upset a lot of supporters and the inability to get things right just adds to the misery.

8. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Grateful for:
    - A new Stadium
    - Stable finances
    - Allowing us to go overbudget without penalty
    - Funding our promotion years

Believe it or not Mike if he didn't care about the club he wouldn't be funding us.

He has a business head on which is why he isn't as rash as you and Red Robin.

Sometimes he gets stuff wrong but he's doing what he thinks is best.

manxrobin likes this.
  9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this and want to support him as much as possible, but this is beyond the pale.

Johnson shouldn't have been appointed, and most certainly should have been sacked 3 months ago. He is quite clearly clueless and has been found out.

SL has got this one badly wrong.

10. invermeremike

I can appreciate the positive things that Lansdown has done for the club so how does he get so much wrong? I don't consider myself rash but rather someone who isn't afraid to state my opinion and that is what this site is designed to allow.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Lansdown is inept, stubborn, and IMO is unfit to run the club. His lack of action over what has become a bad dream of a season tells me all I need to know.

Red Robin likes this.
  12. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

in a lot of peoples eyes the only thing he has got wrong is appointing junior .. and ????????????????????????????