1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So, to the "Lets Give it 10 Games" brigade, was it really worth it..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Premiershiporbust...., Oct 1, 2011.

1. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Some of us sussed out last season that Keith was not management material - nice guy yes, but not capable of man managing...

So, now that we've not panicked and given it 10 games and have ended up exactly where some of us thought we would - was it really worth it...?

Look at the damage done - there is a difference between getting behind your club and blind faith. Sometimes, when you can see something is not working, no amount of support or backing will change things.

The fact is that there IS NO MAGIC WAND, Keith was never going to turn it around because no matter what they say to his face, he does not have the confidence of the players. He might shout at them but I suspect that it is a bit like when your Mum shouts at you, its just a buzzing noise in the background...

The club has slipped back to where it was before GJ arrived - before it all went wrong, he installed some discipline at the club but now, I reckon the players are in charge

We need a disciplinarian, we need a leader of men, someone the players will run through a brick wall for and we need someone who the players fear not performing for, a scary Mum if you like...

Keith is none of these people which is why, if as he says, he loves the club - it is time he realised that he has to let someone else have a go before its too late...

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Well said Prem. Just wish he went months ago. Some of us could tell it was never going to work with Keef in charge. It's also worrying that the board couldn't.

3. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

I put my hands up and say i was one of the "Give him Ten Brigade" and i put my hands up and say i was wrong, maybe Keith was to nice a person with the players, so, two weeks to get a new man in, lets hope for Bristol City, and their supporters, they get the right man.

4. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

I have been patient so far with KM & not agreed with many of the posts that has condemned him, he has worked very hard for the club & given his all, but after today I believe he should step aside & believe he will. The big question is, who the hell do we bring in to get the players playing like they can, for 75 minutes against Reading we where superb, proving how good they could be.

Come on you reds!

5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

At last John you have finally seen the light!!!!!
    I say, that if the club means anything to SL, he would give it one last shot and get someone decent in. Means he just might have to put his hands in his pocket again......maybe a bit deeper than last time!!!

6. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

Just got back from Blackpool. My take on the game was that in the first half we played some decent football- looked comfortable in defence- played well through the midfield and created some goal scoring chances. In terms of the overall team performance I would say we shaded it and that Blackpools goal came against the run of play. Then the second half, and almost immediately the cohesion we had in the first half began to diminish, no longer were we winning the 50-50 balls, we lost the ability to create and Blackpool's second goal turned out to be the defining point of the game, as after that we were in disarray, and the mood of our fans, who were excellent in their support in the first half, reflected the teams performance, as if they too realised that there was no way we were going to turn this around.
    I have been one of those against the Millen out brigade, but have to say that he ought to do the honourable thing. Under his tenure I can only see relagation.
    Sadly- nice guys don't win prizes

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Nice guy in life,a complete failure at football management,RESIGN for everybodys sake......

8. OfficiallyRed

OfficiallyRed Member

If hes not gone by monday morning i'll be very very shocked! i was speaking to my granddad earlier who hates football and doesnt know anything about the sport and even he was laughing at how bad were playing at the moment! says it all really.

9. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

From an external view point if you turn down a six million pound bid and your heading for league 1 domwthing is wrong!