1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So to next season

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Apr 30, 2013.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

This season is over even though there are still three games to play. So all eyes are on next season. What will happen? Potentially things are looking promising. The club is financially sound, our owner has promised to make funds available and we have a new manager with proven promotion credentials.

If all these things click into place we could be back in the hunt for promotion within a couple of seasons. We clearly have some dead wood, both in the playing staff and the boardroom, so, hopefully, Adkins will identify and clear out the players and replace them with some quality, and Zingarevich will identify, if he hasn't done so already, and jettison the members of the hierarchy who now seem to be holding the club back.

Hopefully exciting times ahead. One thing for certain, next season cannot be as bad as this one. Although I say that with caution, because Wolves fans must have been saying exactly the same this time last year.

2. Tilehurstsouthbank

The Football we've been playing lately is a lot better to watch. Hopefully bodes well for next season. Off to Fulham with a mate from work tomorrow. What else am I gonna do with my Saturday?! :D

3. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

Could canvess for the local Labour Party with me Steve:emoticon-0117-talki

4. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Hi fellas, congrats on the win yesterday - obviously I didn't enjoy it much; but on the bright side - you go above the raggeds :)

I think Nige will give you a serious crack at promotion next season - though nothing's a given in the Championship - still very competitive.

Good luck!

5. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

Happy Cockles is there,he is actually got us playing football,albeit to late but bodes well for next season.

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Nige will sign a Dean Hammond type player to compliment your midfield, & I reckon you'll find yourselves in the top four most of the season.

7. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Obviously hoping he does bring in a few decent players. What bothers me more are the rumours about some of our existing players who might be leaving.

8. furiousgrumpywilliam

Agree keith, but also the one he is looking to lead us out of the championship, Martin Luther King , did he say which way Mr Roberts will take us

9. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

That's even more worrying Bill. The possibility that we keep Roberts and Pogrebnyak and let Alfie move on is a frightening thought.

10. Tilehurstsouthbank

Just need to renew my Season ticket for next year now. At least games will be on Saturdays and Tuesdays now and not so ofter at the whims of Sky's programming schedule! <steam>

11. furiousgrumpywilliam

Cant beat Tuesday nights Steve , hopefully just for one season though.

12. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

How much is a season ticket these days?Do the price go down now we are relegated ?