1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So the year is 2012

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Rubbersoul, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

The year is 2010. Roy Hodgeson...Yes or No?

Rubbersoul likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

upload_2017-2-23_10-59-49.jpeg

3. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

The Daglish/ Rodgers discussion is an interesting one. Daglish is a legend and will forever be but I cannot believe people have forgotten how he messed up the Carrol Downing situation.

I remember enough times Downing would be crossing the ball with Suarez the main forward only to have Carrol on the bench substituted for Downing. There were times both would play but Downing would find himself on the right wing thus negating his ability to deliver first time to Carrol.

Fact is Suarez played 1 and a half seasons under Daglish but the set up from the gaffer then did not maximize his ability. Rodgers set up the team to get the most out of a one of a kind player and that can never be denied.

Rodgers was a pussy when it came to transfers and unfortunately this was his downfall and it affected the team... He should have forced the issue with Sanchez and the blow of losing Suarez was massive. How he allowed the committee to overrule him on Dele Alli just shows he was happy to be a manager of a big club but not a big man to force his decisions through. Final nail was accepting Balotteli as apparently there was no other option

* Record Points Total likes this.
  4. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I'm quite staggered by the lack of respect directed at Brendan Rodgers. We get a result in the Chelsea game and BR would be a hero for
    being the man who returned the title to Anfield. We were that close.

He deserves more credit than he gets from some 'supporters' <whistle>

Nozzer, Solid_Air 2, Sharpe* and 2 others like this.
  5. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

But we didn't get that result though. All we needed was a draw but he felt invincible and wanted to batter Chelsea. We draw 0-0 there is less pressure going to Palace and i feel we would've won that match with the league easily still in our hands.

He progress we a poor start, great middle and dreadful end. Zero trophies and now were back at another rebuild stage with the majority of the squad being bang average.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The one season where we came close was very much down to an unplayable Suarez. You have to give Rodgers some credit but then again you have to look at the overall mess his stint left, it didn't feel like Liverpool anymore and the nonsense he spoke in interviews was getting beyond any kind of normality. Thanks for trying but he was way out of his depth.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. Lots of ifs over that Chelsea game, but in reality we came from nowhere on a eleven game streak of wins - we were due to drop points at some stage. beforehand, I was convinced we'd draw with Chelsea and lose at our bogey club Palace, and had we done just that many fans would say 'Why did we just accept a draw against a Chelsea reserve side that was set up simply to frustrate, waste time and try and snatch one at a set-piece?". I think we were a season short in getting rid of Dalglish, but then again I was convinced that we wouldn't get rid of Brod until the end of the season: I had no idea we had Klopp lined up.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  8. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Don't know that. In the case of Sturridge, that might be a good thing. He was fantastic for a year or so but he's been useless (literally since he's been injured) for the majority of his time with us.

9. Milk not bear jizz

That's not entirely true, Suarez's importance was showing even in the Dalglish period, hence him quickly and lavishly jumping to his defense, and I highly doubt Kenny would have stuck with Carroll as it obviously was not working.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. Milk not bear jizz

If we're talking about holding him down and spitting on his face whilst calling him an ugly fat knob-goblin. Yes.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Of course he was important, but he didn't build the team round suarez. He wasn't the focal point per se (i might be wrong as i don't watch all your matches) and if he did, he certainly wasn't successful with it. Suarez came back from suspension on the in Feb and your league form plumetted (9 losses, 2 draws, 4 wins). The saving grace for Kenny was that he got you to 2 cup finals and won the carling cup final.

12. saintKlopp

I think this is all just playing favourites, tbh. All Liverpool fans love Kenny - and rightly so - and are therefore more likely to go easier on him. Nobody likes Rodgers much as a personality and so are happy to slag him off.
    Everyone loves Klopp, both the man and the style of football he brings, and so are happy to turn a blind eye to the fact that his record so far is little different to that of Rodgers.

13. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

:emoticon-0121-angry

14. saintKlopp

He's a Yank. He tries to tell us otherwise, but it's the little things that give it away.

BobbyD and * Record Points Total like this.
  15. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

It's almost like he doesn't realize that he's doing it.

16. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. For me Suarez deserves the credit for that season, he was basically the player-manager-motivator and the reason the team gave the performances it did

Rodgers did naff all, the team selection simply presented itself and he played that team every game

Rodgers is a counterfeit luxury watch, all shine and gloss on the outside but a shoddily made cheapo chinese movement powering it on the inside

17. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

People always say he record is similar. Bare in mind that the two seasons were comparing Rogers almost won the league and in his first season was just dreadful. We finished 7th or 8th didn't we?

18. Milk not bear jizz

It's almost like my phone auto corrects the spelling.

19. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

7, 2 and 6 were Rogers' results in his stint.

Rogers is a good coach and that is not in doubt. The problem is he has something about him that is just not like able. Suarez himself has credited Rogers with his development as a player. As it stands we can even finish 6th and that would make Klopp's performance no better than Rogers.

His problem as I have alluded before is he came up too fast and when he hit a bad patch he did not have a clue what to do. The step down to celtic will do him a massive lesson that he needs and he should carefully pick his next club and not get cocky.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  20. Milk not bear jizz

I'm Swedish now.

johnsonsbaby likes this.