1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So sad but let's hope

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Wade Wilson, May 14, 2017.

1. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

I am going to be particularly sad when we go down because I really don't think we deserved it this year.

We found a new found positivity with Marco and played some good football. Of course results matter and the table doesn't lie but this isn't a season where we played boring defensive football like boro did this year and didn't have a proper go. This was the most enjoyable football in 10 years in my book (since Silva took over)>

I would love him to stay but guessing he won't. We need a decent clear-out and rebuild a bit.

I just hope we can be competitive next season, biggest fear is teams dropping into nothingness for years after Prem relegation. If we are competitive and can be in another promotion/playoff race next year, then I'm all for another stint at championship football.

Hope the Allams **** off too.

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Silva's City didn't deserve it, the facts show that. But the damage was done. The way Ehab set us up for a Premier League season was a complete and utter disgrace. He decided he 'fancied another crack at the PL' instead of selling and that was the result. An absolute joke of a squad where even the players themselves were taking the piss. This season has been thrown away at the whim of a thick, rich playboy who has used the club as nothing more than a toy.

3. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Said it all ...

please log in to view this image

4. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Good post

5. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

What makes it worse is at that before Marco came we were in a mess and he at least gave us some hope and now it has been snatched away. It was quite unbelievable what a shambles it was pre season and you just wonder how much worse it can get. At least the young players we have coming through might get a chance in the team. Really need the Allams to go and a fresh start before the new season. I do feel totally let down by the players at the moment though, they have just bottled it and that seems to be just the City way over and over again.

6. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

The sad thing is we're going to be in exactly the same position this year. No gaffer and no players. It's going to be fun

PLT and Howden Tigress like this.
  7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Last club to sign a player in each of the last two summers. Any sign of changing that this summer?

No it'll be more pissing about over a sale. Will they won't they. They just ****ing love the attention. Horrible horrible ****s.

8. Stan City Rocker

Stan City Rocker Active Member

They're not that good. ****s have some use!

9. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/marc...emier-league/story-30331772-detail/story.html

head coach Marco Silva refused to be drawn on his future, after the Tigers were relegated from the Premier League.

Despite taking the club down, Silva was far from at fault for the club's relegation. Taking over from Mike Phelan in January when the club were firmly rooted to the relegation zone having picked up just three wins all season.

Four months on, despite picking up 21 points in 17 games, Silva was powerless to prevent the inevitable as the club was relegated from the Premier League after a 4-0 away defeat to Crystal Palace.

However, with speculation regarding the head coach's long-term future rife, as ever the Portuguese seemed unwilling to discuss it after the game.

"It's not the moment to talk about the situation," he said.

"I respect too much the club and these fans, who have been amazing since I came here. It's the moment to speak to the chairman and the board. The club needs to understand what they need to do differently in the future, and we'll do that next.

Now is not the moment to talk about the future of the manager. It's about the future of the club.

"I will talk to the board and the chairman first, talking inside the walls of the club. Not for you. For me, it's easy what the club needs to do differently. We started to lose in pre-season when we were making our preparation.

"We tried to do many things in January, but it's not good to be signing six or seven players in January, and losing two, in the market. You should be doing that in June, in pre-season. You need to prepare better."

& http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39915644

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    PLT, hovetiger and southerntiger like this.
  10. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

As accurate as it is, I can't see the highlighted section of the above statement endearing him to the boy - well said Marco <applause>

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I hadn't realised that Dio had made 22 appearances this season. Give him a run out against Spurs, see if he can offer anything for next year.

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I'm not sure some of those appearance stats are true

13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Sound about right, he featured in most games under Phelan and a couple of sub appearances under MS before he realised he wasn't a very good striker in the PL.

14. hovetiger

hovetiger Well-Known Member

You're joking...he's garbage. Mind you, what's the betting he'll be our only striker by the time we get to August?