1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Snoddy - 3.5M - Norwich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Spanish white, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Snoddy was brilliant during the middle of the season. I think he won 2 player of months as well. Every game you expected him to destroy the leftback. He was carrying an injury towards the end of the season which is why he faded, and Grayson should have rested him.

One thing I do think helps Snodgrass, is with a pacy striker trying to play off the edge of the defensive line like Beckford did. Cause then Snoddy cuts inside and plays a through ball. If you remember how many goals Becks scored like that with Snoddy setting them up.
    --

We need a Doyle style player to combat against attacks from midfield.

Now who would have thought we’d have been wishing for someone like that. Underrated what he did I think.
    ---
    Exactly! He played 50 games in our promotion season and then we didn't replace him. Madness.

2. Real Estate

Real Estate Member

I simply do not see that moving to Norwich is a move forward for Snoddy. In my eyes, it is a huge risk for ANY player to join a side only just promoted to the Premiership. And if they are relgated and we WERE to gain promotion, where does that leave him then?!!

Typical Bates - keen to do business in one direction, but won't get off his butt in the other drection. I make no bones about it - I've had enough of the man. Time for him to move on. He's done his job and brought an equilibrium back to the club's finances. Now go.....

3. billyboy

billyboy New Member

it dunt matter wot we get bates will part wi frig-all stop dreaming and wake up

4. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

Snoddy has done well for us, but realistically we are not gonna hold on to him AND Max, and I know who I would want to keep.

5. Real Estate

Real Estate Member

Realistically - there is NO reason why not. Apart from Ken Bates greed. He hasn't put his hands in his stingy pockets, so he can spend the cash to pay Snoddy what he's worth to us......

6. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

But if we both agree Ken is a greedy ****ebag, then all of a sudden it is very realistic, I'm not even confident if we did get 3.5 mill for Snod that even a 3rd of that would be used for players purchases. With all Kens "undisclosed" bullshit transfer details who knows, but I will take 3 Million for RS now and keep Max.

7. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

When was the last time we sold one of our top players? Delph and that was for supposedly ridiculous money.

8. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Plus Tottenham and Liverpool. I think he's a Premiership quality player and £5-6m seems like a fair price for an up-and-coming top division winger.

Like I said earlier though, while Ken is a greedy ****ebag and no mistake, his ambition is to be back in the Premiership getting his face in the papers and on the telly every ten seconds while he's slandering and defaming every bugger he can get his hands on. He's in this for the exposure and it's just not the same in the Championship. He'd rather be on Sky Sports News than Yorkshire Radio with Ben Fry.

I actually think we will keep hold of Snodgrass and Gradel (this season at least). Definitely see them leaving at the end of their contracts though if we're unwilling to make an ambitious offer.

9. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Snodgrass and Gradel will leave at the end of their contracts if we don't get promoted. If we do, they are ours to keep.

10. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

The Norwich fans seem to think so!!

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

£8m

please log in to view this image

12. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Aren't Norwich bothering next season? Some random dude from Brighton and BJ. Not exactly going to light the PL up are they.

If Snoddy's got any sense he'll stay.

13. LeakyLeeds

LeakyLeeds Member

Blimey a Leeds thread and half of it is taken up with discussions about Man United. Typical mentality of the jealous kid at school vying for attention isn't it really. unless there is an underlying desire to be just like them.

Why mention them if they bother you? Ever? Let's stick to Leeds News.....it's much more interesting than playing up to a bunch of patsies.

14. Jerel Ifil

Eh? About five posts out of 53 contain any mention of them and the whole point of the discussion was about not playing up to their monopoly on the nickname 'United' which is confusing and biased. Nothing to do with perceived jealousy, I'd be saying the same if someone referred to Sheff United or Dundee United as 'United' on the Leeds forum.

15. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Have you been living under a stone for the last 2 years?
    Paul Lambert has gained 2 consecutive promotions with players considered to not much more than fringe players by other clubs.
    If Snoddy has got any sense he will join us and one of the best managers in the country. <ok>

16. LeakyLeeds

LeakyLeeds Member

I thought Bruce looked ok and he played very well. Maybe I missed something.

17. Simon21-LUFC

If you were buying players for the Championship I'd be inclined to agree. As it is you've bought (for the Prem) a decent forward who wasn't in the top 5 NPC scorers, someone who was relegated from the Prem last season and the worst of our 3 first team CMs from last season, where that was a weakspot.

18. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I think you might be overlooking Paul Lamberts abilty to sign players and bring the very best out of them

While we do not have a team of world beaters we do have a 'team' that fights for 95 minutes, every game.

Andrew Crofts - going nowhere with Brighton in 2010
    Andrew Surman - fringe player with Wolves
    David Fox - Could not even get in the Colchester 1st team
    Elliott Ward - A well travelled but nothing player we took from Coventry - ever present last season
    Simeon Jackson - From League 3 Gillingham - he took the Championship by storm in the last 2 months to get us promoted
    Russell Martin - from Peterborough in league 1 (at the time)

None of these players are household names as such but have all been hugely influencial in what has happened in the last 9 months.
    None of us Norwich fans can explain it but Lambert has got something about him that turns **** in to silver.
    This is why we trust his judgement and if he is after Snoddy, we believe (for the time being) it will be best for Snoddy and Norwich.

19. Jerel Ifil

Norwich have spent £4m more than Leeds over the last two seasons, it's hardly a surprise that you were more successful.

20. Simon21-LUFC

I'd argue Larry is the better manager if that figure is true.