1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic How Are You Celebrating Brexit Day ?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Bitter & Malicious, Oct 30, 2014.

1. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

What about a newly signed up member with a vast waist? Initials P D M
    Highly decorated forum moderator.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

All he did was mention his own experience of the homeless. I knew a few 40-odd years ago and most were men with psychological problems then, but that has changed, many are people who have lived a normal life but had a run of bad luck.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

<laugh>

Generalizations. All I saw.

Homelessness a lifestyle. A new one.

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

"Posters on here have absolutely no idea about other posters experience."

You said it.

5. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I go to Greenwich Council's 'Meet the taxpayers meeting' at Eltham...at last year's meeting a number of residents raised concerns about a guy living on the streets outside Lidl, prior to this year's meeting (last Thursday) the Council gave feedback to matters raised at the last meeting... it seems the Council spoke to the man concerned and arranged with a local Housing Association to find him somewhere to stay.... when contacted by the Housing Association the Gentleman refused the offer of help.

Not commenting on this just passing along the story.

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Other than an Elf?

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

What causes homelessness in London ? The Left will claim "poverty, family breakdown and the wicked Tories sending kids up chimneys"

In my opinion there are two main
    Causes of homelessness in London -

1. Mass immigration - which ironically the Left supports. With 3m extra people let in since 2004, no way could the housing infrastructure cope. 30 years ago you were likely to be asked by a toothless Glaswegian (no offence @ForestHillBilly) for "the price of a cup of tea" The founder of the Big Issue and Leftist Don Manque Jon Bird has himself admitted that the MAJORITY of homeless Big Issue sellers in London now are voluntarily homeless Eastern Europeans who should, IMO, be deported.

2. The feckless, who have made a life style choice not to work but to live a life involving drink, drugs and crime. Begging money does not go on "a hostel for the night" but for another wrap of Colombian Marching Powder.

Why should people feel sympathy for these people ? It is intentional.

They made their beds - now they should lay in them.

(No pun intended...)

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I'd be lying and say if those two groups don't exist, but then there are plenty of other mitigating circumstances that causes someone to sleep rough. You can't put the whole of the homeless in two groups - it's impossible.

9. User deleted as requested

Would you care to elaborate on them?
    I genuinely don't understand why people are homeless in London other than those above.

10. ForestHillBilly

Surely no-one can deny this? We all want simple answers, but it isn't simple, and stuff about "the left" etc is a very subjective view. A bit like tarring all football fans with the same brush because of a minority of morons.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

One example I had this Christmas was a young guy, zero family, had a job - though it was contract work. 3rd of December his private landlord put the price up to a stupid amount and changed the deal for date of payment. The guy couldn't do it, got home from work with the locks changed and property on the street.

He was able to afford a hostel for a week or two but then had no choice to sleep rough. He used his time at the centre to go over the legality of what the landlord did whilst using the Internet to see what properties were available once he was back to work in January.

12. ForestHillBilly

"London's Poverty Profile" is a website full of interesting info, well worth a read for anyone interested.

13. User deleted as requested

My view is that we should sort the 2 big groups out first -

Send homeless EU immigrants back home - they are not in danger and have no business sleeping on our streets

Criminalise the feckless professional beggars - send them en masse on coaches to somewhere like Jaywick and then build a wall. Hopefully a high tide will do the rest. Based on the 'broken windows theory' - these professional druggies don't just stop there and do damage to society.

Of course there will always be a handful like the case Super mentioned who fall thru the cracks and need help, by dealing with Groups 1 and 2 they will get the focus and support they deserve.

I do not understand why we let people cross 6/7 safe borders from Romania to sell the Big Issue and sleep on the streets of London. It is an abomination, and I am afraid FHB it was largely caused by ....'the Left' which is why we have to take their protestations about homelessness with a pinch of salt.

They caused the problem.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

You'd be surprised how few immigrants Crisis @ bermondsey had this year. 500 guests and I'd hazard a guess it would make up 1/5th.

Though that's probably a fraction of the overall number for london. It's a lot deeper than what we're touching on.

15. User deleted as requested

But 1/5th = 100 and that is still a hundred too many.

The spaces and resources for that 100 - and I would hazard a guess that they were not from Germany or Holland or the Scandinavian countries - should be spent on helpline our own folk who have fallen on hard times.

16. User deleted as requested

Not recognising the failures of the EU when discussing homelessness is like not blaming the hole in your roof when you wake up soaking wet <cheers>

17. User deleted as requested

They are a left wing pressure group.

18. ForestHillBilly

It's simply not true that "The Left" are the Big Bad Bogeymen, to be blamed for all the ills of the world. Homelessness is more complex than that, and there is a huge problem of families living in temporary accommodation as well. London rents are cripplingly high, and those of us who got on the property ladder early on are extremely fortunate compared to our offspring.

19. ForestHillBilly

<laugh>

20. User deleted as requested

But the Left are so staggeringly two faced - they complain about homelessness, but refuse to acknowledge the huge part that their own political perversions had it causing it. I can't be bothered reciting the John Prescott anecdote again - his son David now has a senior role with Corbyn incidentally - but even Prezza himself with all the levers at his disposal acknowledged that many of these idle bastards were their own worst enemies.
    It is no good wringing your hands on the sidelines when you voted to cause the consequences ! You voted to stay in the EU and you voted for open borders.