1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Slp

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by sirjohnhumphrey, May 30, 2011.

1. ForEverAnAddick

My bets are on either le fondre (Rotherham) or Josh McEachran (Chelsea Youngster)

2. houndal

houndal Member

Le Fondre - No hope and Bob Hope.
    Andy Reid has signed for Forest

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Sol Campbell wants to return to London?

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

dont get too exited lads a new tea lady starts tomorrow <laugh><laugh><laugh>

5. ForEverAnAddick

I thought that when we was linked me BWP Houndal and he ended up signing for us it could happen as the fee is only around 150/200k surely we could afford that if we offload Jenkinson to Arsenal for 1mil..
    Defo wouldnt want Sol Campbell, his just another daily and doherty to old and not enough pace he would give away endless amounts of pens in our league

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Rocky, don't be daft <grr> our tea lady is a club legend and turned down a move to Wet Spam when she was offered TWICE the wages <ok>

Not only that , she is the only one who can work out the Opta Stats at Charlton <laugh>

7. houndal

houndal Member

Allhell, I thought our tea lady was sacked along with 40 others while Parky was fraudulently collecting his 300 large.

8. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

According to the SLP Paul Hayes is in talks with us,wow break out the bunting. Some of the posters on here need to get real, Andy Reid,Sol Campbell etc will not be anywhere near our radar. Our budget for all the players next season is £3m that is for the whole squad including the wages,you do the sums. Semedo,Racon were the biggest earners on between 6 to 8k per week have been given vastly reduced contracts,as has Dailly.There is a contingency fund but don't know how much is in it or for what purpose it is for.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

You were saying, Franco? :tongue:

It's Paul hayes.

10. SeCafc

SeCafc New Member

would we even want hayes?

11. sirjohnhumphrey

Hmmmm...underwhelmed. Is Hayes not a bit similar in style to Benson? Haven't managed to find out much about him. Hopefully Franco will be able to explain what he'll bring to the table.

12. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

If it's Dailly I will jump off a cliff

please log in to view this image

.... well maybe an average sized chair instead

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Hayes has a very good record in League One, but never quite been able to manage the step up to Championship level. He has more in his locker than Benson, can drop off behind or play as the direct striker.

Think Hooper once called him 20:20 as he said he is more than capable of scoring and assisting 20 a season. A pairing of Hayes and BWP would make me very happy, but hope we aren't making the same mistake of taking strikers on board but not getting that all important creative midfielder!!

14. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Hayes is a decent player. Who has a good enough record at league one level.

As his goalscoring record suggests he plays predominantly as a link man in the hole between the midfield and forwards or he can play out wide. He rarely plays as an out and out forward.

He is similar to Benson but has a far better touch, vision and range of passing.

I know Preston are looking to get rid of him cos he's one of their highest highest earners on around 6k a week. There has been talk of them buying up the last two years of his contract in order to pave the way for him to move elsewhere.

In a nut shell he's a good player who can link midfield and attack. He's got good feet, vision and a can pass the ball. However he don't score enough goals as an out and out front man.

If Preston buy his contract out i know he'd jump at the chance of moving to us. His family are all in Essex and he was very close to moving to Southend a couple of years back.

15. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Is he related to Hannibal Hayes ?

please log in to view this image

16. Franco5

Update on the "potential" signing of Paul Hayes...

The SLP say he's in talks with us... well it must be over the telephone... cos he's currently on holiday in Florida <laugh>.

This could be the SLP recycling an old story...

17. Essex Al

Essex Al New Member

Just heard from a mate of mine, who plays in the same football team as Hayes best mate. It's correct that he is on holiday at the moment with his girlfriend, but Charlton want him and he wants to come to us. The only sticking point at the moment is agreeing wages. His agent is talking to the club. According to my mate, he is back living in Dagenham at the moment, so we are nice and local for him.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yeah, it's on twitter that he, missus and 3 kids are in Florida. Doesn't mean much though, lots of negotiations have been handled with the player away.

Hopefully it comes off- a pairing of Hayes and BWP sounds very promising. 27 years old also, so coming in to his prime.

19. Franco5

Who's living in Dagenham?

Paul Hayes certainly is not!

Like i said earlier on, he'll be looking for some sort of settlement from Preston to walk away from the last two years of his contract.

I suspect that the size of this settlement will have a baring on what sort of dough he's looking for from us. Either way the cost of living is considerably more down south so i would've thought he'll be looking for at least what he's earning at Preston (i know i would be).

The question is... Can we afford him?