1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Slade Sacked?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Nov 14, 2016.

1. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

In all fairness...

Sacked on merit!

Brought in some decent additions to the team though completely overlooked the midfield. Utterly failed to motivate the players and proved - as we were warned - tactically inept and even less tactically aware (no 'nous', as Pardew may have said). Obsessed with consolidators pessimistic play and woeful PR skills...

In all honesty the only reflection that this has on the regime is that Slade probably shouldn't have been appointed in the first place if we were looking to go straight up

On the playing side I'm actually fairly optimistic; I believe we do have a core of a decent XI, and that with motivation and a little bit of organisation we can kick on. Unfortunatley I highly doubt this Chris O'Loughlan to be the one; I'd like to see Euell and Jacko given a run until the New Year.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

The right decision

Slade was like Karel with a donut addiction

The only worry is what comes next ....

This Club stinks

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The CEO says it's always been the right decision every time:headbang:

4. ForestHillBilly

It's up on the BBC website but, nothing on the OS. Still wondering how to spin it I suppose. There is pressure for CARD to bring forward their protest by a week. I hope they don't. there will be enough anger onSaturday anyway without CARD, and CARD can keep it going the following week.

5. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I think I will go on Saturday, get myself a ticket by the Directors box. Have all the changes to the Managers/ Coaches been an improvement then Meire you silly Bint.

6. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Kojak must have thought Christmas had come early when he signed a three year deal, he knew he was never going to see it out, good luck to him in a funny sort of way.

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

F****** hate that c***.

Absolute lazy twat for us on a reported 35k a week.

He was sub at Anfield for our last game(ever) in the Premier League, he came out to "Your just a fat Eddie Murphy" from the 3000 there.

Talal El, Ken Shabby and The Kish like this.
  8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yep, was a **** player for us but was brilliant at Burton. Didn't work out at QPR, but still think he can go on to be a success. Just not as quickly as some thought.

9. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I don't know why people make sensible comments about a manager.

I reckon the Ujpest dude will be our manager come the 1st August 2017, that is more credible.

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

11. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

12. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Slade was responsible for some awfull football. I caught saturday's match and was horrified- we never moved out of a canter and their keeper had an easy match. Now though, the clowns get to appoint another manager. This is what, the eighth one in thirty months? Pathetic record. Katrien should not beallowed to watch football, let alone work in the industry. And RD? As Forest said, his idea that he would show he could run the club at a profit is dead in the water. His credobility is non existant. It can only be bull headed stubbornness that keeps him here. Useless tosser. And he wants 45m for Charlton. Idiot. The value goes down every day he owns us.

13. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My son and grandson are supporters of this once successful club......my grandson was awhile back a mascot at the valley and we had a great day out.

I used to bring my son and his mate along now and again when they where 10 yrs old back around 1980... and we would stand half way up that big banking opposite the main stand.....so although I am a Pilgrim I do have a soft spot for the Valiants .

I do remember this ground deserted and no more than scrubland being brought back to life and turned into a great venue and getting into the Premiership.....but wow what the heck is happening now....I'm told of what is going on and I find it so sad.....you've nearly had as many managers in the last few years as I've had hot dinners......I am looking forward to once again coming down the Valley and watching you play Argyle.....we had some good games in the past.....wishing you all well.

14. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Cheers mate two clubs heading in opposite directions

15. User deleted as requested

The LMA will be on the phone to Meire today. More money spunked in compensation but the person responsible for at least 5 lots of compo is never held to account.

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It will be interesting to see if Slade took more money to keep quiet, or whether he comes out and tells some horror stories. As kish says, he was sacked on merit, but I'm sure there are some things he will want to get off his chest in order to not put off potential employers.

17. User deleted as requested

Although his contract was for 3 years [<laugh>], the standard pay off at this level is half a years money. Still around £50-100,000 for abject failure, so nice work if you can get it. My advice to Slade would be to spend the money on a trip to a health farm, because he looks a mess and his physical condition cannot inspire much respect from the athletes he trains. Good riddance.

18. ForestHillBilly

Slade appears to have been sacked on the basis of one result, a match where our entire attacking threat was either injured or on international duty. It's only a couple of weeks since the CEO said on Talksport what a good job he was doing, and how much she's learned from him. Therefore the decision was Roland's alone. Possibly there was a disagreement between them, in which case we are seeing the first cracks appear:emoticon-0109-kiss::evil:, or else Roland phoned her up in a rage:emoticon-0129-call: after the taxi invasion, she panicked and blamed it all on :emoticon-0181-fubar Slade<monster>. which enraged Roland even more so he applied the :bandit: axe to protect his poor little dear one<diva>. In this case all she's done is buy herself a little bit of time. She now has the impossible task of recruiting a manager who will turn things round, when no semi-decent manager would touch us with a barge pole. Is this the beginning of the end?:emoticon-0160-movie?

deleted..... likes this.
  19. User deleted as requested

Russell Slade poised to be appointed Coventry City manager, according to SSN.

How does he do it :emoticon-0142-happy

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Slave to the wage. From one hell hole to another.