1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sky Sports Furore

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by From Boothferry to Wembley, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

ridiculous that they have both left Sky

2. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

am i the only one who actually enjoyed them as commentators? always thought there was a good atmosphere

3. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

I very much liked Keys I did not enjoy listening to Andy Gray.

4. St-Louis Tiger

St-Louis Tiger Active Member

that i've come across yes

Seriously though nearly everytime i watch football on Sky with a bunch of people somebody always mentions how they think they're twats. More often than not there's nobody who doesn't agree, it's the constant berading of the ref and linesman that gets me, especially as often when Gray would get on his high horse about a rule not being stuck to, that's because he's made it up (eg the 'last man' fallacy of a few years ago where he must get sent off if he's the last defender before goal - complete tripe)

5. clinchyd

clinchyd Member

a contributing factor could be that he was suing the news of the world(also owned by Murdoch)

what they said was wrong, but most males would be thinking the same

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently there's previous incidents that have led to Gray being sacked. They're saying he was given a warning over this incident and then further action was taken when they were made aware of the previous comments, presumably by Murdoch. ;)

Given the nature of the comments is she going to become known as the 'just for men' official now? Abused once and the Gray was gone.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's hard not to be. :emoticon-0115-inlov

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

You know, in all the bollocks that's been talked about all this, that really hits the nail on the head and is mostly missed by everyone. She DID do a good job, way better than some of the male blind arseholes we've seen cost us games. Im sure she will make mistakes, who the hell doesnt, its just a bit ****e she gets stick for having no nadgers, yet ironically she should have some massive virtual ones to put herself in that position in the first place.

Who the hell would want to be an official? Threats, intimidation, thousands of idiots screaming at you. I do take my hat off to them all, although I will obviously continue to turn purple with rage and shout and question their parentage when they screw up! But fair play to them, Im certain most of us on here wouldnt want to run a line or be in the middle.

9. Cool

Cool Member

Well, in the interests of balance it would be good if those 'Loose Women' reined in their anti male blather.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Apparently, this is how she learned the offside rule:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The 'opposing' female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper,

catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse had *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

11. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Personaly i quite like the odd loose woman

12. mark2112

mark2112 Member

OLM,

And youve been put forward for the moderators postion!!!!!!!!!

I like though...