1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SKY prices to be drastically cut.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Jun 27, 2017.

1. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

moneysavingexpert.com posted this ten days back: We asked an MSE staff member who's a Sky TV customer, on a rolling contract but without Sky Sports, to test how much she could haggle the new channels for. The Sky customer service rep told us she didn't yet have the pricing for the new channels – but we were still able to negotiate the entire Sky Sports bundle as an add-on for less than £7, so it is possible to get a better price.

So, it's all right if you don't currently have Sky Sports and want to get it and are prepared to haggle.

2. ElTigre

Was that cancelling by phone or through the web? Someone else on the forum talked about something like a 10% off deal cancelling through the website.

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Phone
    The ones that try to stop you cancelling are a totally different ones to the ones after you've cancelled...they have the good deals!

4. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

It's frustrating tho , I spoke to the first person and said we both know when I cancel you are going to ring me and offer me loads off, so let's stop wasting each other's time and cut to the chase .... They assured me they didn't do that anymore , so I cancelled and surprise surprise 2 days later I got the call , I am one of the few people with sky still as I don't have a phone line or internet connection at home so by time I got one. Might as well pay sky

Idi Amin and dennisboothstash like this.
  5. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I get the full package with multiroom and pay £91 something
    I hardly sit and watch a full match though, I usually just record and fast forward

6. dennisboothstash

They can honestly say that they don't make high offers because they're a totally separate company that Sky use just to try and stop you cancelling. So they don't do that...but someone else will when you do cancel

7. ElTigre

I cancelled on Friday and then rang back today and said I'd like Sky+ back because I was missing that but didn't want Sky itself. I was offered £35 a month instead of the £71 I was paying before. I'm no longer getting the box sets, which I didn't know I was paying extra for, but anyway I think the only thing I ever watched on it was episode 1 of the Borgias.

8. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

yeah you can still get it.. I put it on now....... I'm watching athletics with French commentary.

Plum likes this.
  9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't find the kodi thread, so I thought I'd put this link from the Swansea board here.

10. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

French football on at the moment

11. dennisboothstash

Mate of mine buggered off travelling for several months
    Cancelled sky while he was away
    When he got back they offered him 75% off to come back!
    They're only offering me 60% off still (although maybe it's because it's the third time I've done it?)
    Bastards