1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Six points off second.....

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Agu, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Agu

Agu New Member

..... can we really start to hope that automatic promotion is a possibility?

I am starting to think why not?

2. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Thats the attitude to have, everythings possible until proved impossible.:emoticon-0105-wink:

3. Yak.

Yak. Member

A certainly interesting possibility, what say we win our two games in hand, wed be level with qpr. tbh someone isnt going to run away with the league.

so theres no reason you couldnt make up the difference, providing your run continues and everybody else s stops. so i guessing its a possibility

who can you see dropping points in the run in

4. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Yak I always knew u was a secret Leicester fan..........bet you even drink R WHITES LEMONADE<cheers>

5. WTF BBQ

WTF BBQ Member

you !

6. Agu

Agu New Member

We've still got to play a lot of the teams above us with games against QPR, Forest, Norwich and Cardiff, and I think quite a few teams in the mix are playing each other too which means it is very much a possibility for any one of the teams I suppose, just glad we are in the fight, and looking forward to a quality end to the season. Hopefully crowned off with promotion

7. CorbyFox'62

CorbyFox'62 Member

I reckon Norwich, Swansea and Leeds will all drop a fair few points in the run-in.

I'd love to see us grab second but I can't see Cardiff or (I hate to say it!) Forest droppin many points. QPR seem to be stuttering a little lately and I can see em droppin out the top 2.

Realistically I think Cardiff n Forest in the top 2 spots; QPR and LCFC in the playoffs, with the other 2 playoff places between Swansea/Norwich/Leeds/Burnley with Watford havin an outside chance.

8. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

The way i see things just keep winning and the rest will sort it selve out. Just think where we would be if Sven was here from day 1.

9. matty elliot's balding cranium

there is always one that comes out of the pack - and remember we have already had our blip - it was called sousa
    we can go up automatically - as proud fox says - will all come out in the mix - not so much of a rollercoaster anymore but just a lift that is only going up!:grin:

10. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

I tried the BBC predictor today and I cannot see autos happening at all. We are counting on the teams above us dropping a humoungous amount of points.

Plus, yes we are crusing to some victories now but against average/poor teams. When we play Norwich, QPR, Cardiff, Burnley, Reading, Watford and Forest, will we be so good? My concern about us is we've not really been in a fight since our new look team started to gel and I wonder if we have it in us to grind out results (I knew some people said we ground out a result at Sheff Utd but tbh I think that was pure luck, as there were a number of players not really willing to work). The games against the 7 teams mentioned will be massive, especially the Norwich game, as they are the only team that we still have to play that we have a realistic chance of catching.

It is still a big ask for us to get in the play-offs because as we saw on Saturday, the teams above us are still getting the results. We will need some to go our way, as well as us continuing our great form. Being as impartial and honest as I could, it was very tight but I predicted us just snatching 6th place off Leeds - level on points with 5th place Norwich.

So in answer to your question - no, I don't think we can. But as long as we make the Play-offs we will be in control of our own destiny, and considering how we are playing at the moment and our form since Sven took over, we are good enough to beat anyone.

11. Joethemightyone_LCFC

I did a predictor yesterday and we finished 5 points off playoffs.

Drawing to Norwhich, Burnely, Forest and losing to qpr and forest.

My aim was to go for the worst case scenario and see if even that was enough?...it wasn't so it's important we get something from those games!

12. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

The championship is a very unpredictable league so just wait. I think we can get into the play-offs. Say we win all the home games, win half the away games and lose the rest that should be enough to get us in the play-offs

Away games left

Cardiff
    QPR
    Scunthorpe
    Middlesbrough
    Reading
    Forest
    Doncaster

Last season we picked up 13 points out of them games so there is still a long way to go. Sven will just say keep winning and things will fall in our favour