1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"Sir" David Beckham

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Feb 6, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Is anyone else following the hilarious leaked e mails this week between Beckham and his PR chief Simon Oliveira ?

Team Beckham took out an expensive injunction to stop the Sunday Times exposing him as a greedy narcissistic hypocrite - only for media in Romania and France to publish the stolen e mails on line.

Particular highlights:

1. Beckham was denied a knighthood in 2013, after HMRC "red flagged" his fondness for tax avoidance schemes. Family man Dave describes the Honours Committee as a "bunch of c*nts" <laugh>

2. Beckham tells the BBC he will only agree to appear on the Graham Norton Show :emoticon-0152-heart if they pay £14,000 of licence payers cash for a private plane to fly him straight to watch his son play football the next day.

3. Beckham asks a charity to pay £17,000 to fly him business class to a PR stunt in Cambodia, stating in the e mail that he is not using his own "f*cking money".

Worst of all are the e mails showing how Beckham has regularly conspired with the US media in particular to keep his kids in the public eye, including 23 'cute' photos of his kids and cover appearances on Vogue etc. Really cynical stuff, but he is explicit in the e mails about promoting his 'brand' as ...' an ordinary family man' :emoticon-0132-envy::emoticon-0136-giggl

Personally I have always despised Beckham and what he stands for - a greedy chav - but this week has been great.

DickPlumb and Ken Shabby like this.
  2. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Great football, awful man. I won't slate him too much as he done a lot for charity. You'd be hard pressed to find a genuinely pleasant multi millionaire.

3. User deleted as requested

The e mails reveal that the charity work was all part of a carefully crafted scheme dreamed up by his expensive PR advisers.

Charity work = knighthood = more commercial endorsements.

4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Most people do charity work for pr purposes. As long as the less fortunate benefit I'm not too bothered.

5. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I am genuinely pleasant. And I give to charity because it makes others happy.

So there!

DonCorleone and Ken Shabby like this.
  6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Are you a millionaire though (or as you seem to have passed on, should that be 'were')?

DonCorleone likes this.
  7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He's a legend in my eyes, always will be. No matter his motive - he's done a world of good.

We've all said things we regret in confidential emails. Guarentee it.

The Kish likes this.
  8. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Thanks, Super. I think a lot of you too.

9. Slackbladder

Slackbladder Well-Known Member

Agree
    If that's the juiciest gossip they can find about him, then it's pretty poor. The charity aspect of it really annoys me.

I'd love to know which charity trustees would sanction a "PR stunt in Cambodia" including hiring Becks? I can't see Shelter getting involved in that. I wonder which Trustee went to Cambodia on a freebie to 'keep an eye' on the stunt?

10. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Jimmy Saville did a lot of good work for Charity.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He also abused tons of kids. Beckham said a ****ty thing about a singer and threw his toys out of a pram.

12. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I think it was the tax man who stopped Mr Beckham getting a knighthood in which case why has Richard Branson got a K ?

13. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Surely this is why the world is in **** and no one trusts the media anymore?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned investigative journalism based on truth and facts? Is that all tabloids (and to an extent broadsheets) pander to our need for cat memes and celebrity news?

Ken Shabby likes this.
  14. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to compare Saville with Beckham. I was making the point that just because you do work for Charities it doesn't necessarily make you a good person.

15. User deleted as requested

Beckham is also a tax dodger and an adulterer.

The worst part is the way he cynically manipulates his kids to keep himself in the public eye - proved beyond all reasonable doubt in these e mails.

He would be far better off telling his kids to stand on their own two feet and make their way in the world of work.

No paremt should ever use their kids in this way, and Beckham sinks in my estimation as a man because of it.

16. User deleted as requested

Further revelations in the "Sir David" e mails today:

Told that the Honours Committee had discussed him for a lower award, Beckham replied in an e mail

"Unless it's a knighthood, f*ck off"

Beckham put off a children's charity visit to Downing St, causing heartache and suffering to little waifs and strays, because he is domiciled in Los Angeles and another visit to the country he loves so much would have triggered tax duties.

On a happier note, Sir David clearly hasn't given up the Cause, posting the following message yesterday...

"Happy Birthday your majesty, so proud to have a queen (sic) that does everything for the love of our country GB"

:emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0119-puke:

17. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Absolutely true, but when George Michael died he was "exposed" as having given many millions of his money to charity, but doing it privately, which reflects very well on him IMO.
    Harry Enfield had it nailed with Smasn and Nicey "............and of course we won't mention all the work we do for charidee"

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He had a motive for his charity work and his halo has slipped. Not much more in it, this will blow over when the press pick up the next scandal.

19. User deleted as requested

Great to see the Daily Mail leading the attack on Beckham over the last 2 days.

The authentic voice of decent England and one that will never be silenced.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Where's all the articles on British cycling? That's a little bit worse than Sir David Beckham.