1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Signings

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by WWOCB, May 24, 2011.

1. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

We've officially got Hollands and Pritchard

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Let's hope Phil Chapple has done his homework on Pritchard properly this time.

3. cafc_dan91

cafc_dan91 New Member

He's had enough goes (and failures) at picking out the non leage talent!

4. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

nice to see a 3 year contract being handed out too, no more silly 1 / 2 year contracts

5. Matt Mev Evans

Heard the news live on the radio at work! Great way to brighten up a boring shift! Anybody know anything about Pritchard?

6. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Wimbledon fan said he's brilliant, really one to watch. Apparently he normally plays as a winger but can play all along the midfield. According to Powell he has the ability (perhaps Johnny Jackson-esque) to get into the box without anyone noticing. 14 goals this season from midfield I believe.

7. SystemAddick

SystemAddick New Member

I used to work in a Leisure Centre with Bradley Pritchard in between his Uni semesters a few years ago, always seemed like one of the decent lads, head screwed on etc I was chuffed and surprised for him when I heard the news today. For some reason he always reminded me of a young Shaun Bartlett in appearance, I never saw him play football as we worked in a pool/gym. so not much of an inside scoop? But never the less, I hope he does a good job for us.

8. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

"It's not that I disbelieve the SLP, but honestly I don't see why he'd [Danny Hollands] want to join us, or am I just being dim?"

Yes, I was just being dim...

This is a significant signing and well done to all at the club for working to bring him on board. I've just razzed my Bournemouth contact and he's gutted, which I take as a very good sign indeed.

And as for Pritchard -

"Added Pritchard: "I'm really excited. Charlton is a huge club, and one I never really thought I'd be a part of.

"It was a whirlwind in terms of how quick it moved. A month before the season finished at Hayes & Yeading season finished all I'd heard was interest from other non-league teams but my good performances continued and I carried on scoring goals and then I heard from Charlton.

"They asked me to come in and train, and I played one reserve game and spoke to the gaffer after and he said he would like to keep me on.

"I'm used to playing in front of 500 people at the most at Church Road and now I'm looking at playing in front of thousands of people with high expectations.

"To be associated with Charlton Athletic is incredible. It's a fantastic opportunity for me and one I want to take."

Young. Hungry. Enthusiastic.

More like this please.

Come On You Reds!

9. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Its good news week...(at last)

10. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

It's a big step up for him. I have no doubt that the lad can play, but will he get the opportunities to prove himself... I have my doubts!

So many of the fellas we have plucked from the lower leagues imo never get given a proper crack at proving themselves.

We'll see...

11. houndal

houndal Member

Firstly I will admit to eating a bit of humble pie. Didnt see this Hollands move coming off but pleased to admit I was wrong. Hopefully he will prove to be the dogs bollox.
    As Franco says, I hope the Conference guy is given a chance to prove himself and not be cast away like so many others before him.
    It certainly is nice to see some positive early action from the club.

12. Franco5

I'm especially pleased that from what I've read Hollands appears to have leadership qualities within his makeup. This imo is a quality we've been sorely lacking from our squad in recent years.

Deffo a good signing especially as he's joined us on a freebie.

This signing is very encouraging and it shows imo that the movers and shakers at the club appear to have their fingers on the pulse and ears to the ground for the right quality of player should they become available... Good times... Hopefully...!!

13. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

and talk of the young spanish lad :emoticon-0103-cool:

plus Forgotten Friend reckon Sullivan is joining this week too

I can't remember us ever getting players in May before ...

14. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

So I read today that we have part to blame Christian daily for the loss of Darren Randolph to moterwell!. I wonder how many other players he's tried to farm to
    Craig brown (I think). Also not sure if to read into this that daily is of to Aberdeen perhaps!

15. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

Nath where did you read that?

16. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Hi mate,

I'll be honest can't remember website but it was on google perhaps "vital news"?

17. ForEverAnAddick

Stevenage centre back and captain Mark Roberts been linked with us !! Would be a really good signing, he wants to play at a higher level as well

18. Franco5

Looks like he can do that with Stevenage ForEver... They won the league two playoff final today!!