1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury v the Gas

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bristol starred the game brightly and we thought that it was going to be another tough 90 minutes to endure. Within minutes Bristol had put a corner ball across the goal and had the header worked out we might've seen a different outcome. Town were down to a bare bones of a squad and had snuck two academy players onto the sub's bench, possibly a late addition as they did not feature in earlier squad lists.

However that was not to be, Brown worked his socks off on the wing. Ogogo was masterful in midfield. Dodds and Ebanks-Blake worked well up front. This was probably SEB's best game for Town, he held the ball up, did some great creative passing, came back to tackle players and spun around players many times. He did look tired but hot a standing ovation when he was subbed.

A cock up by the Rover's keeper led to Dodds having a simple tap in, however there has been a good build up before the goal by a range of Town players. Town continued playing very well for the rest of the first half with only Gaffney causing us any major concerns.

After the break Rover's made two subs and that altered the game somewhat. They were a lot more attacking and had a long sequence of corners and started to utilise a long throw. This was returned on its head when we gained a penalty from a hand ball which Black slotted home to the right of the keeper.

Bristol had used all three subs by midway thru the second half and we only stayed to change things later on. Waring came on and stupidly argued back at the ref and gained a yellow for it.Utes's great to see Whalley back on the pitch and his pace really surprised a few of the Rovers players and he almost nicked himself a cracking solo effort goal out of nothing.

Town are now sat in 21St only held in the relegation zone only by goal difference. The best things though is that all if the fans left in an optimistic mood, we kept a clean sheet again, no one got sent off other than the manger who will have to apologise to El-Abd about his behavior!

greenhousmeadowman likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I forgot to mention Sadler, who yet again had a cracking game. This time back in his old left back position. Is this the managers doing or something else?

3. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Agree with what you say, Brown and Sadler were very good and Ogogo put in a great shift. It may be worth keeping SEB if he can play like that - hids hold-up play was excellent and he occupied their two central defenders. Smith had a shaky start but was much better in the second half. There is much more cause for optimism and I hope we keep Toney as I can see him playing off SEB and becoming more of a goal threat in open play. It was nice to see theopposition making the stupid defensive errors for a change and I do not remember Jayson having to make a save of any note.

Matster likes this.
  4. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

"Captain Jack Sparrow said:
    Out of all the teams we face this season, this is the team I want us to smash to bits the most, all because of 1 person. 3 points for me is not enough. I want us to humiliate them as well."

Oh dear !!

Matster likes this.