1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should we sell Tiote?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

If we are going to start giving out red cards for that, then we might aswell all pack in. Fair play to the jessie that is Fletcher he did well in convincing the ref by rolling round like a tart. He need not have bothered though because Atkinson was already reaching for the red by that stage. It was like he couldn't wait! I wish referees would take a moment to consider before they make these decisions. It spolit the game yesterday and certainly cost us 2 points.

It was a bit silly from Tiote, he got suckered a bit by the Sunderland players. They clearly had it in mind to try and get him sent off. No way a red though (it was a booking).

2. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Should we sell Tiote, no l don't think we should, would l like to slap him upside his head right now, too right.
    I think he has started to believe his own hype a little too much, sure l love a player with passion and when on form he can be awesome, but he let the side down yesterday and l hope he knows it.
    If it wasn't for the red card, he would be suspended anyway before too long simply on totting up of all the stupid yellows he gets.
    I love to see him on the team sheet simply because of the steel he brings into the midfield, but the guy is also constantly like an accident waiting to happen, and sooner or later Pards is going to have to make a decision as too whether Cheick costs us more than he contributes. If any good can come from yesterday we can only hope he learns to channel his natural combative style in a more controlled and constructive way, because if he cannot then l fear he simply becomes a liability and will be targeted for a reaction by other teams constantly, as they will see him as our Achillies Heel.

3. Santiago Munez

Santiago Munez Well-Known Member

http://youtu.be/FCuQwrYVLu4

I made this video of Tiote. Nothing fancy. Just Tiote being a ****ing wall.

4. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

The next 3 games without Tiote will tell us whether we will miss him. Probably Perchino will come in as DM. If we do ok I think it may be on the cards we'll take decent money while we can. We can guarantee he will miss more games this season.

5. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

Pards might use Jonas there like

6. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Forgetting Tiote for a second, but was anyone else left totally underwhelmed by Anita's performance once again? Positionally he looks lost in midfield, tactically inept when playing in the middle for me.

7. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Totally underwhelmed by Anita, love Santon at right back, don't like Jonas in midfield.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Anita is a concern and at present it looks as though we've dropped a big clanger. However experience tells us to be patient and judge him after a season. Even though it was not the PL last night, he had the look of a man who was low on confidence and maybe hadn't settled in the region.

Cisse's body language in the 2nd half was also a concern. For the first time he looked frustrated with himself and eventually despondant. Pardew has some work to do with these two and this is where the top managers earn their corn. I've lost count of the number of times Fergie has had a situation like this and has protected the player to see him through the other side. Pardew needs to get a few arms round shoulders and guide them back to what they do best.

9. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

I think Anita just needs time.

EVERYONE from pundits, to fans to his ex manager said Anita does the dogs work that makes it easier for other players to do what they do best. He tracks back, he pressures, he puts in those little niggly tackles, wins the ball then plays the simplest, quickest pass available.

In a midfield 3 of Tiote, Cabaye, Anita I could see this working perfectly. I'm not saying I want to drop Gutierrez (rotation is key this season anyway) but when talking about a player who doesn't contribute much in the way of goals/assists etc. but works hard for the team - they're fairly like for like.

Had he cost 1-3m and not 6.8 (or whatever it was we paid) then I don't think we'd be half as worried...Every pound of Colo's £10m looks worth it now, but try saying that in a pub the summer we went down!

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

In a week where Tiote is gonna leave... and we are gutted to see Vurn injured...... I spotted this.... some old faces on here...

11. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Tash was right, should have sold Tiote while he was actually worth selling.
    He's just been a drain on salary the last few years.

12. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In Tash I Trust. What's happened to his game reviews? Always a good laugh.