1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Slade go?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Oct 1, 2016.

?

Should Slade go?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Simple question <ok>

<cheers>

AllHell

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Split opinions then?<double>. Slade may well be a **** manager but if he gets sacked he'll only be replaced by another **** manager. No decent manager will touch us with a barge pole. Any manager with a brain knows the Belgians have already f****d this club, and they won't want a relegation on their CV. When have they appointed a manager who wasn't ****? I think Jacko has the makings of a fine manager but really hope he doesn't take the job unless we get rid of the Belgians first.

Ken Shabby and charltonted like this.
  3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

4. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Nope.

Slade has stood up to the Belgians and I reckon he's been f***** over. However, he knew what he was letting himself in for so will get little sympathy from certain quarters.

Unfortunately, people need to realise that if he gets outed we are going to be landed with another inadequate from overseas. I do not know what the answer is but the fans are f***** all ends up.

"Just sell the club, our famous football club" and appreciate fans with Olive coats.................................................

Ponders Revisited and Ken Shabby like this.
  5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I don't think he's fully responsible, however there are players he's ignoring, formations he should be ignoring and finally he's a bit of a tit in his press conferences.

Who comes in? No idea. But anyone else will surely bring the average age of our midfield down from 34, use Lookman more frequently and not be afraid to go anything other than 4-5-1. We've taken 1 point from Wimbledon, Oldham and Rochdale.

DonCorleone likes this.
  6. The Elfsborg Sparrow

As I am so busy attending cracking non-league hops(Three Bridges v Dorking Wanderers today) I am not in too much of a position to comment on the football. However, he does talk a load of s*** in the press conferences.

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Another point is, whilst I don't think it's a great side, they should easily be mid table. Right now they are anything but.

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

My feeling is that my coat is more stylish than the team!

Play Botaka on the right and Holmes on the left, get a Kinsella/Parker type running through the midfield and things may improve.

9. deleted.....

There is a decent team in the squad ...

................................Rudd...........................

Solly ....... Pearce ......... Bauer ........... Fox

Holmes ..... Charles-Cook ..... Jackson .... Lookman

............. Ajose .......... Magennis .................

They just need to be told to attack and play the ball on the ground .... not sure Slade can do that?

10. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

And now we really are between a rock and a hard place. Russel makes the right noises. And really, can we afford another season on the managerial merry go round? But he will not learn. Will not change. We set up and played the same game plan at home for Wimbledon, Oldham and Rochdale, and we have 1 point. Easy to be wise after the event, but when we sacked Luzon, we should have tried JJ as caretaker. Now, who will we replace Slade with? Nobby Vinegar? Riga? And what will another sacking tell the world about the mangers job at CAFC. Up a certain creek without a certain implement. I voted yes above, but we are really in it now.

11. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

He should deffo go...!!

With the players he has at his disposal he really ought to be getting more out of them.

If he can't find the formula to extract the best out of what we have it's time to go. Maybe someone else wil make a better fist of it. Are they really going to do any worse...?

No way should we be anywhere near the relegation places.

12. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Trust me, this is the worst Charlton side we have seen in 35 years and Slade is responsible for what is put out on the pitch. Yes his budget is sh1t but he is facing the likes of Oldham and Rochdale, who's budgets are even worse. We should be doing so much better. There is a clear pattern now after 11 games under Slade of cautious negative football and protect what you have got.

3 small clues just from yesterday which prove that Slade is a lower league scrubber -

Lookman taking the corners again (very badly)

Pearce under instructions to hit it long to one isolated striker (JM)

Jackson being asked to play how many different roles in midfield when everyone in the ground can see that the boy is f*cked and running on empty.

@baraettmattesvensson - why do you think Slade agreed to what Chris Wilder wouldn't ? It's because he is a Pleaed To Be Here dud just looking for a final pay day. Don't blame him but can anyone really see Slade taking us on a winning run to get in the plays offs FFS ! It is laughable.

I am SICK of these c*nts of which Slade is the latest coming in and further ruining our football club.

deleted..... likes this.
  13. deleted.....

Slade has never got a team promoted in his career..... what is he now doing at Charlton to change that? ..... absolutely nothing at all!

If Slade stays in charge then we can expect falling home attendances and boring boring football leading to L2

14. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Slade met the East Kent Addicks last week and they collectively want shooting

There is so much to ask RS about his bizarre negative tactics and ugly football

Can you imagine a Slade side in the Championship - with Crofts, Foley and Pearce <laugh><laugh><laugh>

All you hear Slade talk about is "good role models" or "good leaders" - how about some half decent footballers

I predict now that Lookman will be sold in January when we are 15th and that if Holmes gets injured too we will be relegated under Slade

15. deleted.....

Lookman will be sold for HALF of what Palarse offered in August .... also Konsa will go to Liverpool <ok>

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  16. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Whatever I may say about Slade and us being aware of who can come in, it is apparant that squirrel face has her hand up Slade's bottom when he starts opening his mouth.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  17. deleted.....

but the Bitch told us that they now understand that Network managers were a mistake at Charlton and the new strategy was to recruit British ...... are you saying that she may not have been entirely truthful?

18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Squirrel face in court would refuse to agree to telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

19. deleted.....

that's harsh .............. from a man who owns an Olive Green Puffa <ok>

20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Nothing fake about THE coat mate<laugh>