1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Monk Get The Sack?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Sep 10, 2016.

?

Should Monk Get The Sack

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

40.9%
  3. Give Him Another Month

27.3%
  4. Give Him Till Christmas

9.1%
  1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He also insinuated that the fans were a bit flat considering it was a local derby. I too said give him till Christmas but his team selection and formation leave me with zero confidence.

O'Kane had 10 days with us, he wants to give him more time to settle? Other players sign for clubs 48hrs before they play, to not include him on the bench?

Mowatt on the wing, Twitter was in overdrive 99% of fans questioning why did Sacko and Antonnson come off and not Mowatt and Wood and I would hazard a guess 100% can't understand Green being in goal.

IF he had stuck with 4-2-3-1 played every player in position and we could see a gradual improvement and gelling of the team I would say give him more time.

We have space for one midfield player alongside Bridcutt, we already have Grimes, Hernandez, Murphy, Mowatt, Vieira, Diacouraga and Phillips and he signs O'Kane. If he was that much better than the other 7 he should have played.

I for the life of me can't understand why Monk has signed so many central midfield players and then sticks with what we already had available.

Looking at who finished yesterday's game, only one player from midfield to attack wasn't already at the club last season, Cellino must be pulling his hair out the amount we have spent.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Must admit I follow my home towns results, they were on sky last week vs MK Dons and their passing and movement was far greater than what we are seeing at Leeds.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not too long ago on the JA place and 606 I was known as Doc voice of reason. that hasn't changed and think we got to give the guy a chance to prove he's shyte or really good. I'm in the camp of players who say he knows his stuff and is inspiring. He needs to learn not to have favorites as no way everyone in that side deserved to be in the team. O'Kane should have started and Wood needs to be practicing and practicing.

Rumors of stuff going on behind the scenes has probably got something to do with Popey's interview. I think Cellino is going to be history and maybe Monk has heard bad news from the new people? Something happened yesterday that saw the wheels come off.

Whitejock likes this.
  4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Aren't you a Harrogate fan:biggrin:

Farsleyexile likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

They beat FC United of scumtown 3-1 last weekend.
    Didn't even know they were playing or would have gone!

Irishshako likes this.
  6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I had that in an accy..<ok>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be honest mate, I think we started the season with the wheels missing

LeedsLover and MIGHTY like this.
  8. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

I think on tuesday leeds v blackburn if leeds dont win he should be sacked even if leeds draw at home to blackburn he should be sacked , he has continually made errors of judgement THE FIRST MISTAKE WAS SIGNING ROB GREENE as you have now seen on many occasion making blunders as he has through all his career and monk signed him , he continues to take off our best performing players such as SAKO on many matches now has been taken off when he has been the best performer , i hope leeds stay up this season and the best that could happen is that there is a takeover and then they plough millions into proper quality players as cellino is hoping to get to premiership on the cheap which will never work

9. Lion of Brisbane

Lion of Brisbane Well-Known Member

Rumors of stuff going on behind the scenes has probably got something to do with Popey's interview. I think Cellino is going to be history and maybe Monk has heard bad news from the new people? Something happened yesterday that saw the wheels come off.[/QUOTE]
    That's an interesting observation, Doc.

That's and interesting observation, Doc, good thinking. There may well be something going on behind the scenes that would cause such controversy. Nothing would influence or dis-spirit a manager more than to know or believe that his job was not secure under some new ownership. Watch this space, eh?

10. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

what you think now lads??????????

ristac likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was very wrong, not the first time though and at least not alone ;)

Although I do feel Monk is learning and improving with us, he has made mistakes and he is getting better and learning from them.

mustyfrog likes this.
  12. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

So glad I was wrong about this one

mustyfrog likes this.
  13. Chippy / Glory

I would stand by my first comment totally.... And my vote not to sack him....

mustyfrog likes this.
  14. Chippy / Glory

My hands were up for the first two.

mustyfrog likes this.
  15. mustyfrog

tbh I was glad we got rid off him however I believe the Championship is his limit and credit to him, he, and your side, are doing very well atm, (watched your match v Derby and should have been 4-5). if you guys go up I think this thread might start all over lol. and before anyone starts, I would be highly surprised if we stay up this season, lets see what Mr Clement can do

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Mr Clement is a failed championship manager who has little experience of the English game. I think You'd be in better hands with the current Gary Monk but you won't be having him

mustyfrog likes this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

For the record I wasn't impressed with his start but said he was entitled to ten games to show what he was made of. Happy enough with that assessment

18. mustyfrog

interesting you say that re Mr Clement with his record at Derby
    interesting stats though with Mr Clement at Derby - P33, W14, D12, L7 and still sacked, one wonders why?? and believe me, very few at the Swans bar the Monk/Tate old and bolds want him back lol

19. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

What the **** was I thinking.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At least you were not alone...