1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should Monk Get The Sack?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Sep 10, 2016.

?

Should Monk Get The Sack

1. Yes

22.7%
  2. No

40.9%
  3. Give Him Another Month

27.3%
  4. Give Him Till Christmas

9.1%
  1. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Rev, I've said many times that I thought Evans deserved this season, evolution rather than revolution for me. Not all agreed but we can't keep handbrake turning every few games otherwise it's back to square one each season. Cellino thinks a change of coach changes everything for the better no matter who the players are. How many more times does that need to be proved wrong before he learns.
    No bones about it, Monk will be sacked soon, new guy in with the remit to make sure we're not relegated, will succeed, get sacked and we'll all have Groundhog Day posts all summer <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Agreed, can't be any worse than Forrest Monk

LeedsLover likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hear what you are saying but continues to play Green, continues to play 4-4-2 leaving new better signings on the bench, it's questionable that things will get better. My head is telling me replace him, he is showing every sign of being out of his depth and clueless

LeedsLover and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Not going to happen, chaps, no matter how much he deserves it. If a takeover is imminent, Cellino will not make a move - he'll leave it to the new regime, as he should. It's possible they may already be bringing in their own man anyway. So we're stuck with him for the time being, for better or worse.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Quite possibly but Where does Monk go after this? Watched the Championship show on Ch5 this evening.

Their scorer shouldn't have been on the pitch, was easily a red card.

I was being kind to Wood his two headers were feeble.

Commentators weren't too kind towards Monk, virtually said he knew what Cellino and Leeds would entail, insinuated e was foolish to take it.

They also said he was touted as a future England manager, then sacked from Swansea, walking a tightrope at Leeds, pointing out how fortunes change.

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not 100% sure what I want in regards to Monk. I don't think he came over well when interviewed, he has said some pretty foolish things, fans (myself included) have started to turn on him. For once I'm not blaming Cellino but unsure where does it leave us.

LeedsLover and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

A piss take from mighty but a good point. If this is what we're like after five games how are we any different to Cellino? Does he not get time to bed the players in?

8. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Remember Monk was 3rd choice after Karl Robinson and Darrell Clark turned you down - and I think you Can blame Cellino for that <ok>
    What calibre of manager do you think you will be able to get that is prepared to work with the madman?

ristac likes this.
  9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Can you see Leeds winning 3 on the bounce or going 8 games unbeaten with Monk in charge?
    Steve Evans managed it!!

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  10. Leedsoflondon

Same question was probably asked about Evans when he came in. Can't keep knee jerking.

11. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

It's all bloody Cellinos fault, he brought Monk in, allowed Monk to bring in his side kick staff, allowed Monk to get rid of better players, allowed Monk to bring his own 10 to 11 players, allowed Monk to train'em, allowed Monk to pick the team, allowed Monk to make the subs.

Cellino is a total tosspot, a ****er of the highest degree, we should get rid of the madman Cellino, he's a nut job, a schizo, an egotistical maniac.

If Cellino owned a pub poor old Shaks would die of thirst.

12. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Who chose Monk Ristac!! all the blame starts with Cellino in my view.

13. Lion of Brisbane

Lion of Brisbane Well-Known Member

But isn't this what you;ve been after? The owner allowing the manager to run the team his way, without interferance from outside. Now, it seems you have it and you're still not satisfied. Give the bloke a chance. It's too early in the season to write him off at the moment.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is the dilemma.... We know decent coaches/managers don't want a stain or blot on their CV and no disrespect to their clubs but we get turned down for MK Dons and Bristol Rovers!!!

If Clotet stays loyal as he did before then the replacement will be a gamble. Maybe there is another take over about to happen, can't see Cellino leaving though.

I say Clotet as he put some of these players forward and has experience with them, last thing we need to do is find ourselves with more deadwood than we started the season with.

Agree with other comments, would bet my house on it that we would be higher up the table had we kept Evans and given him the same backing and funding. He actually wanted the job so bad he embarrassed himself with Cellino.

Whitejock likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was said in jest I believe <ok>

LeedsLover likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

There was a huge silver lining yesterday.

If Cellino had watched us romp to victory he might well have decided in his own head that all would be well and all the troubles were down to GFH, and the sale might have been off. All that really happened was more proof that his antics from day one to now has taken a badly run club and made it much worse.
    TTGM.

If the takeover is happening monk is safe till its completed, if Cellino is going to stay monk is gone.
    Monk won't b here at the end of the month.

Whitejock likes this.
  17. Chippy / Glory

Shame. It's the first decent thing he has posted!

18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I voted to give him another month. Ive said all along, ten games would be time for a fair assessment of squad and manager. At this point its not looking good at all. He needs to improve things drastically and quickly and learn to deal with the media properly. He did himself no favours with Popey who asked perfectly acceptable questions. Claiming we should have had a nil nil draw and somehow thinking thats good enough is nothing short of pathetic. Still, for me, its another month. One consolation for me on a very bad day yesterday, was the Old firm derby <cheers>

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

Genuinely don't understand this following a second club bollix.
    I only get joy from two results.
    us winning and defeat for the scum twats!

20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Lots of results I get satisfaction from, City beating scum yesterday also helped cheer me up a bit, I also follow some golfers on tv with interest too. Helps break the 12 year monotony that has been Leeds and continues to be