1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Its the feeling that happens when the magic goes.
    It all becomes clear. Lans has no real football instinct, and his ambition for Bristol City has absolutely nothing to do with that thing the football yobs call 'The Premiership'.
    Fed up with being f__ked over, and treated like a moron by the corporate tw_t we have in charge of our club.
    Fed up with season after season of mismanagement by Lansdown and
    a) bloody terrible decisions that make our club look ridiculous
    b) our best players running for the hills after a short season here (i.e. just after they see the vile mess that exists beneath the surface of Bristol City FC
    c) the river of utter bullsh_t that flows out of the boardroom through the 'manager'

I tell you what would be nice.
    To actually have a club down in BS3 that we could all be proud of

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Angelicnumber16 and Red Robin like this.
  2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

so he completely revamps the stadium, throws god knows how many millions at the club, and you reckon hes "fuc"""king you over", unbebloodyleavable.

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. BrightredRickster

Take a look at the league table and tell me its not his responsibility to find a manager to run his business properly
    And it is the tip of the ice berg. Lansdown makes amateur decisions to fuel his ego.
    And I don't believe he knows how to build a football club

Red Robin likes this.
  4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

But just for the record Wigan, Rotherham, Swindon, Chesterfield, Coventry, Newport and Leyton Orient all have worse records than us

5. BrightredRickster

Take a look at the league table and tell me we are not going down.
    Please !

Red Robin likes this.
  6. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

We're not going down. :angel:

BrightredRickster and Supcon72 like this.
  7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

No it's not correct.
    He is the worse manager in our history and I've wanted him gone for months. But he's not the worse in the entire league though is he?
    It's all about educating Neil, unfortunately it's a bit like pork.

Plus he gets upset if I ignore his post

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And a fat lot of good that'll do us in L1 when playing staff budgets are cut, and 11,000 - 12,000 people turn up to see us play Rochdale on a wet Tuesday night in the middle of Winter. Then will come **** like the 5 pillars again and so on and so forth.

We are caught in a continuous cycle of underachievement and mismanagement (with just an occasional glimmer of hope that the clubs owner has learnt from previous painful lessons which is then dashed by more incompetence), but with Lansdown in charge, this cycle will not change unless his attitude does.

9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE We are caught in a continuous cycle of underachievement and mismanagement (with just an occasional glimmer of hope that the clubs owner has learnt from previous painful lessons which is then dashed by more incompetence), but with Lansdown in charge, this cycle will not change unless his attitude does.[/QUOTE]

So true!

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Isn't the title of this post a bit like the title of a song by The Clash?

11. BrightredRickster

Didn't you know ?
    Joe Strummer is a City fan

But not really !!!!!!!!!:emoticon-0140-rofl:

<sorry>

12. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I know most on here (and a few boo boys) understandably ran out of patience with LJ (not all of us!). But If he and his players keep up performances like that against Huddersfield......we will be fine.....Not getting carried away but that has been coming for a long time.....he's learning.
    Maybe there was a clash of ideas between himself and JP...it happens.....must admit, it looks a lot more steady than it did a few months ago...
    Clean sheets have been vital in our recovery, something that LJ looks to have addressed........Genius KS new role for us..
    Like I said, long way to go.....lots of teams around the bottom with us have home advantage, lets hope we get a couple of results going our way,,,,,,but well done LJ...it's a start.

Alandicksthegreat likes this.
  13. Supcon72

Is LJ the worst manager in our history? I can't see how, he may have presided over our worst run of consecutive defeats, but that doesn't make him the worst ever, have people forgotten Benny, McInnes et al, not to mention some of those from the early 80's.

14. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I said a week or so ago. What choice do we have? The only thing we can do as supporters is support. I still think LJ is the wrong man to take us forward, but I'm praying he's the right man to keep us up and I'll back him and the lads right until the end. We should be nowhere near where we are right now for the money spent, which is why, even if we win every game from now until the end of the season, this year has been a failure. We should have been floating in and around the play offs. Money can't buy success but it should buy stability. We have the players here more than capable of top 10 so for us to be scrapping it out with the likes of Burton, Forest, Wigan and Blackburn is a bit depressing. I know 3 of those teams not long ago were in the prem but now they are nothing teams, we spend more money than them on players and wages, which if you get it right, should mean you're at the top, they are at the bottom.

Now for what ever reason it hasn't worked this season, we could still very well go down. Brentford and Preston away next, on paper I think we can get 4 points, which is what we should be aiming for but these 2 teams have had decent seasons. They are where they are because they can get the job done. They'll both be looking at us with wins in mind. Hopefully the Huddersfield game gives our players a boost of confidence and we can take the game to them.

The last 2 games have given us a fighting chance but they'll mean nothing if we don't build on them. You're out of the relegation zone now Lee, keep us out of there please. Can't be dealing with rovers away next season. Only then will it sink in just how low we've sunk.

15. Supcon72

This squad isn't and never was good enough for the top 6, but should be top 10-12. I think a lot of fans just thought we've spent money, big money for us so that must equal a play off spot.
    We're still short in a few areas which is why LJ and Ashton talked at the start of the season about the 3 transfer windows as a guide, th y still have 1 to go.
    We need Cotterill,or someone positive and difficult for defenders to read down that right side, a striker, as God knows where we will replace Tammys 22 goals from, I don't see it from Durjic & Taylor combined.

16. oneforthebristolcity

We are where we are for a reason, not quite had the edge to take games.....but even the commentator emphasised, us not getting turned over all season which I've been saying all season.....Narrow margins, individual mistakes and of course LJs setups has cost us.......And I know that most feel that he tinkers too much, but although most times it's not come off, I do appreciate that he's not afraid of changing things to turn the game....and I know most will disagree, but I also think it's a breath of fresh air that SL has continued to back him when it was so easy as most do just to get rid...of course it might still be the wrong decision, but I think it's a good advertisement to future managers that needs time to implement their ideas.....

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The one positive I do take from this will be that, when LJ does go whether it's this season or 2020 season is any protentional managers will look on us as security, which goes a long way in managers thinking. So maybe we will not be seen as a managers risk and attract bigger names.
    This could all become a blessing for the future, it's just the now that concerns us.
    I'm hoping LJ looks at the team from last Saturday and Friday and think that's the one I want the remainder of the season and give us some continuity.

Red Robin likes this.
  18. oneforthebristolcity

Subject to injury & fitness I'm sure he will, Having the same team week in week out staying fit, injury free and out because of too many yellow cards has to be a nightmare!!

19. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

To answer the question, should he stay or should he go, well I say, he should "STAY"!

20. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't think our opinions will be considered, but if we end the season strongly then he would have a case to stay.
    If we get relegated, he should go - or even if we just scrape survival.
    I never ever want another season like this.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.