1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 15, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Is it too late in the season to sack Lee Johnson from Bristol City?
    By Andy Stockhausen

Should he stay or should he go? It the question all fans have been asking themselves for weeks now over manager Lee Johnson.

While other Championship managers have been losing their jobs in recent days, City head coach Lee Johnson has been allowed to continue in his role, despite presiding over a club-record eight straight defeats in December and January.

He continues to receive the backing of majority shareholder Steve Lansdown and the Ashton Gate board of directors and a three-match unbeaten run has afforded the young head coach a stay of execution at the very least.

Every City supporter has an opinion on the matter, ranging from the more vocal critics who have been calling for Johnson to be sacked for weeks now, to those of a more circumspect nature, who feel the head coach should be given more time.

At the very heart of the debate is the following question; would relieving Johnson of his duties here and now materially advance City's chances of staving off the threat of relegation and securing their Championship status for another season?

There are still nine games to play and it seems reasonable to argue that the Robins need to win at least four of these to give themselves a decent chance of staying up. The question fans need to ask themselves is this – will City's prospects of achieving those victories be best served by sticking with the status quo or making a change now?

In the event that the Robins lose to Huddersfield in front of the Sky TV cameras on Friday and keeping them firmly in the relegation zone, Lansdown and his board of directors may feel they need to reconsider their stance.

In the event they are agreed on the need to make a change, surely the time to do so would be at the outset of the two-week break for international matches.

When City return to action at Brentford on April 1, just eight games will remain, surely too late for a new manager or head coach to make any appreciable difference.

All the available evidence suggests those who make the big decisions at the Championship club will, barring unforeseen circumstances, continue to back Johnson and his staff between now and the end of the season.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/is-it-...0204836-detail/story.html#IxwtpLGGLkUyrjjQ.99

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just go, anything is better than what we have suffered.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The worst record in the entire football league.

And still in the job,<wah><wah><wah>

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

AS he is like a dog at a bone ......

5. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

reckon we"re stuck with him at least till the summer, so keep a stiff upper lip and all that bo@@@@ks lets get on with it.

6. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

I think I'm with you Wings on this one. Doesn't seem to matter what opinion you may have, he wont be going, so grin and bear it!!

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Don't think it's the ENTIRE football league. I think your are over cooking it a bit there. But then it's not like you've never done that before is it?

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It's too late to change now.

And the Managers that might have been attracted to the position a few weeks ago when this should have been all done and dusted have been taken by other clubs.

I like the way Rowett is standing his ground with the Derby board and seems to be telling it as it really is.

I can just imagine Mr Smug's reaction if anyone told him what a joke we look from the outside and that he wasn't going to take any nonsense.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

'In the event they are agreed on the need to make a change, surely the time to do so would be at the outset of the two-week break for international matches.'

This part of the article gives me hope, surely if Huddersfield beat us comprehesively in our next home match Lansdown and his cohorts would have had enough and from an economic, a sense of pride and regard for the fan base at large would take action.

There would be 8 games left and we are in a period of a 2 week break, this would give surely enough time to make an appointment and give the new man time to improve results.

We should not just lay down and accept the inevitable but register our opinions, somebody must be listening..

Red Robin likes this.
  10. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement with Stockhausen - making a change now is probably too late

11. Red Robin

100% CORRECT Wiz still time we are finished under the muppet

12. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, too late now to change- Just hope we can stay up-

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

If we go down I wont even blame Johnson.

It will be Lansdowns fault, and Lansdowns fault alone.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. Red Robin

Yep falls completely at his feet.

15. Red Robin

Err have a google <steam><steam><steam>

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Just did and got nothing.
    This season I suspect Newport, Orient, Coventry, Chesterfield, Rotherham and Wigan managers have been worse. So show me the website that shows the entire league for me to see then.

17. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

RR's sentiment is 100% correct, even if stats possibly prove otherwise......quite how this fool has kept his job beggars belief.

RoD - setting yourself up to be fact checked on every post you make in the future......you may end up reaping what you sow my friend.....

Red Robin likes this.
  18. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I've got to the stage now where my emotions are so beaten up I simply don't care whether LJ stays or goes.
    There is a curse on our club which we only have one choice and that's to accept it.
    I have no emotion left - not even anger.
    I hope we win our games from now on, but if we don't hey ho.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  19. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Hope is all we have left and let's hope it's enough to save ourselves, and the same goes for the team.

20. Red Robin

Rod knows i love em,all in good banter:emoticon-0152-heart:emoticon-0152-heart:emoticon-0152-heart

God Knows how he is still in the job,i could cry :emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017